Help..scroll has 10 second delay

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

claystone_MatrixForum

Help..scroll has 10 second delay

Post by claystone_MatrixForum »

Hey Fellas,

I'm not sure if anyone here can help me. I just purchased the game again and the problem i'm having is scrolling around the screen. It has a 10 second delay before the screen moves. I have everything on default in the option area. I even put everything on zero and still the same. I'm not sure what is going on which has made the game unplayable now.

My laptop is:
Lenovo Y70
Windows 8
Don't keep any storage on this laptop so it has a lot of free storage space that would slow it down.

Thanks for any help
geofflambert

RE: Help..scroll has 10 second delay

Post by geofflambert »

I have a similar problem but it's more like 2 seconds. I haven't been playing recently so I haven't fixed it yet but I know there's a fix for that. It happened to me when I went from Windows 7 to 10. Somebody will be along with your answer.

jmalter

Post by jmalter »

Turn off display of hexsides (F6), Air Search (z), & similar items. My game slows after 5 or 6 turns, so I save, exit & re-boot.
Leandros

Post by Leandros »

I have the same problem, if not as bad as you describe it. Some time back I tried to solve it with a lot of different propositions posted here. None helped. What I can say is that when a task force routing is marked on the map it gets much worse. I believe there is is a fundamental problem with the "old" program system and modern computers. But, that is just my opinion.

I have learnt to live with it.

Fred
River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D3 ... rw_dp_labf
szmike

Post by szmike »

Restart the game after every turn. If it doesn't help, use -dd_sw switch
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Don't forget to use the "P" button to bring up your preferences while your doing orders. Use the left and right clicks to adjust the speeds of the scroll and other animations. I remember in old WITP days of it taking many minutes to get through a combat replay of the "Siege of Singapore" before I learned to adjust these settings.

Screensize
Taken from the release doc

-SingleCpuStart : Starts the game in single CPU mode. Switches to multi CPU mode if available later. We’ve found this to be useful on some multi-core systems, especially AMD processors.
-SingleCpuOrders : Starts the game in single CPU mode and stays in single CPU for the orders phase, switches to multi CPU mode for running the turn, then switches back to single mode for the next orders phase. We’ve found this to be useful on some multi-core systems, especially AMD processors. Use this or –SingleCpuStart, not both.
If either of the above are used with one of the -cpu# switches noted below, it will use the specified CPU, otherwise both of these switches default to the first CPU. If a -cpu# switch and one of these -Single switches are used, the turns will always be processed in multi processor mode.
-cpu# : (cpu1, cpu2, cpu3, cpu4) Switches set the cpu affinity for multi cpu systems. It will do nothing for single cores and will default to using all cores if a core is designated which is not there (for example using -cpu3 on a dual core system). We’ve found this to be very useful on some multi-core systems, especially Intel processors.
If used alone, the -cpu# switches will keep the game running on the CPU specified all the time. If used with the -SingleCpuStart switch, it will only use that core when starting the game. If used with the -SingleCpuOrders switch, it will stay in single CPU mode for starting and the orders phase, but will run in multicore. If one of the SingleCpu switches is used without a -cpu# switch, it will default to cpu 1 when it is in single core.
-multiaudio : Invokes a fix that changes audio timing for multicore machines.
-dd_sw : Handles DirectDraw via Software. We’ve found this can make a huge difference on many systems as far as reducing interface lag and making button clicking in-game more responsive. On a few newer systems this can cause some visual glitches and slow combat animations though, so give it a try and remove it if it’s not ideal on your system.

Examples:
-f -px1920 –py1200 for a 1920x1200 monitor in full screen mode
-w –px1680 –py1050 for windowed mode, so that the window is within desktop

Other Switches
-colorBlind : Support for color blindness
-deepColor : Enables 32 bit color, intended for Full Screen mode
-altFont : Enables alternate in-game font (Lucida Sans Unicode)
-w : Windowed mode
-wd : Windowed mode, daily autosaves
-ww : Windowed mode, weekly autosaves
-fd : Full screen, daily autosaves
-fw : Full screen, weekly autosaves
-r : Show Roads
-autosave : Daily autosave
-archive : Put data reports in archive directory
-skipVideo : Skip the intro video when starting the game
-fixedArt : Will not use rotating images
[center]Image[/center]
Bearcat2

Post by Bearcat2 »

Try
Create a shortcut to the "War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" file from your game directory, this has to be the game exe file and not the the autorun file
Right click on the shortcut, click properties, in Target, add -deepColor -dd_sw
see if this works, if you want a specific resolution, as an example add: -px1920 -py1080

This is what the shortcut properties looks like in my game"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe"-deepColor -dd_sw
"After eight years as President I have only two regrets: that I have not shot Henry Clay or hanged John C. Calhoun."--1837
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

I too had the lagging scroll problem early this year with two new computers that I installed the game on. I used the Tech Support forum and found some helpful posts (along the lines of NYGiants' comments above) and tried a variety of "switches" until I found a mixture that allowed me to run the game on a wide-screen monitor using Windows 10 without any lagging or other problems. The game runs smoothly and quickly now - far better than under my old system.

Here are the switches I'm using on my computer: "C:\......\Admirals Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -px1920 -py1080 -alFfont -skipVideo -dd_sw -archive -SingleCpuOrders -CPU1 -Multiaudio -dd_sw -deepColor -w

You'll find other suggestions in the Tech Forum. If you don't know where/how to "install" these "switches" (I didn't, at first. I felt like this was hieroglyphics.) you'll find lots of good diagrams and other info in that forum.

Good luck!
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I too had the lagging scroll problem early this year with two new computers that I installed the game on. I used the Tech Support forum and found some helpful posts (along the lines of NYGiants' comments above) and tried a variety of "switches" until I found a mixture that allowed me to run the game on a wide-screen monitor using Windows 10 without any lagging or other problems. The game runs smoothly and quickly now - far better than under my old system.

Here are the switches I'm using on my computer: "C:\......\Admirals Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -px1920 -py1080 -alFfont -skipVideo -dd_sw -archive -SingleCpuOrders -CPU1 -Multiaudio -dd_sw -deepColor -w

You'll find other suggestions in the Tech Forum. If you don't know where/how to "install" these "switches" (I didn't, at first. I felt like this was hieroglyphics.) you'll find lots of good diagrams and other info in that forum.

Good luck!

"-alFfont"? I thought I shot down his starship over Romulus. You meant "-altfont" didn't you?

Yaab

Post by Yaab »

OH yes, the -dd_sw switch works wonders for any lagging.
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Good luck!

"-alFfont"? I thought I shot down his starship over Romulus. You meant "-altfont" didn't you?

You shot down ALF? How inhuman of you. [:D]
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Good luck!

I think the "F" has to be capitalized though.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
claystone_MatrixForum

Post by claystone_MatrixForum »

Thanks for the help fellas...

pmelheck1

Post by pmelheck1 »

what worked for me was -deepColor . It must be spelled exactly, all lower except for the capital C. Anything else doesn't work.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

use -deepColor to solve that problem.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”