GERMANS ARE GIANTS

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Auchinleck

GERMANS ARE GIANTS

Post by Auchinleck »

The Human Allies Player has little to no chance against the AI Germans in the long campaign 'Storm Over Europe' on the default level. Which is supposed to be the level where neither side has any advantage. The Soviet Union for example never has a chance to build enough units before Barbarossa to put up even a scattered defense of a front, before they are chopped to bits by the German hordes. By the time you can purchase even a few Soviet units to enter the game, Germany has already overrun the country and captured Moscow. I think they made the AI a little too strong, for the Allies to be competitive. I guess I'll have to start over on an 'easier level'.
Amona

RE: GERMANS ARE GIANTS

Post by Amona »

Sorry, but I think you have problems because you are probably new to the game.
I am playing Allies on Expert level, now in April 43. Germans were stopped In Russia west of Leningrad, at Smolensk, Kursk and Rostov.
I dont see the AI as overpowered.
Instead of building a front with the Russians, buy cheap corps and put them in cities, that will slow down the Germans considerably.
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

¯ Aristotle

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

ORIGINAL: Auchinleck

The Human Allies Player has little to no chance against the AI Germans in the long campaign 'Storm Over Europe' on the default level. Which is supposed to be the level where neither side has any advantage. The Soviet Union for example never has a chance to build enough units before Barbarossa to put up even a scattered defense of a front, before they are chopped to bits by the German hordes. By the time you can purchase even a few Soviet units to enter the game, Germany has already overrun the country and captured Moscow. I think they made the AI a little too strong, for the Allies to be competitive. I guess I'll have to start over on an 'easier level'.

I can't help you with your problem but I just want to register my approval of your forum name. That general was and is massively underrated.

War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
Auchinleck

Post by Auchinleck »

Based on my first crack as the Allied Commander playing Strategic Command II, I feel a twinge of what 'The Auk'
might have felt. As Prime Minister Churchill said when he had to sack him, "Like shooting a magnificent stag".
Biker1984

Post by Biker1984 »

Perfect this is very good news and a big compliment IMO towards Hubert and Bill for delivering a very good game. If the AI is not cheating, it gives the feeling you are playing against a Human player. You have any influence on the advantage between the two sides, the AI moves and decisions cannot be influenced. If the AI is too strong you need to give yourself some advantages.
Ason

Post by Ason »

Yes please keep in mind you are new to the game... I have no trouble playing on expert difficulty, the AI certainly ain't too good at beginner level...
n0kn0k

Post by n0kn0k »

The Soviet Union takes a while to build up strength again as they get hammered during the start.
Time is your best friend. Try to delay the Germans. More units will come like the siberian troops.

Most people during beta found it's pretty well balanced.
Don't be afraid to restart the game a few times and learn from your mistakes.
And watch some YouTube video's on that phase of the game.
Good luck.
xwormwood

Post by xwormwood »

Auchinleck, just wait and play on, it is not easy to understand each and every aspect at once.
Please read the strategy guides which come with the game, I guess you will find some important new informations within them.
In the meantime rest assured that what you have experienced was a ruthless AI, seeking you destruction.
General hint: you need money to win this war. So let the USA and Russia research industry and production techs, the more the better.
Russia has to survive (!) 1941, not to win in 1941. So keep the Red Army alive during the first year. Use HQs to help your units, because an army without HQs won't stand a chance against an army with HQs.
Don't buy something just because you have exactly enough money to do so, garisson are only garissons, not front line units.
Research ASW tech and hunt down the germans subs. Don't take decisions which will slow down the US war readiness (or the SU war readiness).
Etc. etc.
[:)]
"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”