Where is 1.03 Official Update?

AGEod goes back to the Napoleonic era and delivers the most detailed and comprehensive strategy game ever created about a time of struggle and conquest that forged modern Europe.
Omnius

Where is 1.03 Official Update?

Post by Omnius »

Where is Matrix's official 1.03 update for WoN? I saw AGEOD release it on their website on 10/26/16 but so far it hasn't been made into an official update here. When will we see the official Matrix 1.03 WoN update? I won't bother to update from the AGEOD site because their updates don't work properly, they create a second version of the program and place files and folder in the wrong places so we have to copy and paste them to their proper places. Since we paid Matrix for this pathetically done game Matrix owes us an official update.
Lancier

RE: Where is 1.03 Official Update?

Post by Lancier »

Hope they release an official patch as there are no such wego napoleonic strategic games around. :<
GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder & Admin

Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: Omnius

Where is Matrix's official 1.03 update for WoN? I saw AGEOD release it on their website on 10/26/16 but so far it hasn't been made into an official update here. When will we see the official Matrix 1.03 WoN update? I won't bother to update from the AGEOD site because their updates don't work properly, they create a second version of the program and place files and folder in the wrong places so we have to copy and paste them to their proper places. Since we paid Matrix for this pathetically done game Matrix owes us an official update.

Seeing as how you trash the game and the company constantly, this is funny.

So much for your claim. It installed where it was supposed to.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (233.83 KiB) Viewed 672 times
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Omnius

Post by Omnius »

Aurelian,
Did this create another version of the program? Look in the remove programs section to see if it created a new version of WoN. The two 1.02 beta versions most certainly did not install files in the correct places. I hope they did more fixes than the paltry list I saw them tout with their 1.03 beta update.

Still a very pathetic excuse for a Napoleonic strategic game. Worst file save system in the industry. Why not just give us the standard saved game function every other game gives us? The graphic icon garbage means it's tough to see many saves at once. That ignorant 24 prior saves nonsense is totally inadequate for games that last 500 turns. Why not just let us create saved game files with text filenames for each turn, let us keep track of which files to keep or delete. Makes it tough to save a particular turn that has an awesome battle to want to see again.

Plus diplomacy is totally fallacious. What a joke minor countries become as they never ask for peace, or like in the Austrian Pressberg peace treaty Austria and Northern Italy remain at war with Austria. Allowing units from the defeated nation to roam around the victors nation for the entire 24 turn peace is also ridiculous in the extreme. Makes a mockery of the reality. It's one thing to allow defeated enemy units a few turns to return to their country, but to allow them to hang out the whole 24 turn peace treaty period is ludicrous.

Sorry but I just didn't trust AGEOD's beta install process after seeing what a mess the two 1.02 ones made. I'm still waiting to see if this beta update installs no extra version of the program, regardless of you saying it places files in correct place. Perhaps you corrected their previously incorrect pathing before installing.

I still think that Matrix owes us an official update that will update properly without extra versions. They were quick enough to take our money, now they need to be quick about showing us proper customer care post sale. As for AGEOD I'll never buy their garbage again! I liked their first offering of Birth of a Nation,though it had many flaws. Their two Napoleonic games were purely pathetic.
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

Is 1.03 up on Steam?
Jim Cobb
Lancier

Post by Lancier »

No, 1.02 it is.

Code: Select all

patch 1.02 April 18th 2016
ORIGINAL: Bismarck

Is 1.03 up on Steam?

Omnius

Post by Omnius »

Sadly Matrix keeps ignoring giving us paying customers the official 1.03 update we can update through the game's front end. Doesn't Matrix value it's customers? Obviously not ones who bought AGEOD games. I'll never buy another AGEOD game ever!
loki100

Post by loki100 »

.... I'll never buy another AGEOD game ever!

don't worry ... I think we all understand this point - so no real need to keep on repeating it is there?
RealChuckB

Post by RealChuckB »

Sadly Matrix keeps ignoring giving us paying customers the official 1.03 update we can update through the game's front end. Doesn't Matrix value it's customers? Obviously not ones who bought AGEOD games. I'll never buy another AGEOD game ever!

It seems that the latest version/patch even on the AGEOD website is 1.02 - where do you have the information from that 1.03 is the latest "official update"?
Lancier

Post by Lancier »

I am in 4 pbems. I made 2 won installs on my computer. My 2 games in TGHQ club are with 1.02 official patch, my other 2 games i play with some Ageod forum friends are with 1.03 public october patch. Yes would be great if we had 1 single official patch though.

ess1

Post by ess1 »

I too cannot patch to v 1.03 beta. Installed to ...NGC, program Files.... and Program Files(86) with un/re installs in between
[&:]

Have posted in Ageod forum and hope for advice. Nuisance as I am in pbem and holding other players up.
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Still no official update to version 1.03 WoN please Matrix can someone make this available.[&:]
Make it so!
jacktimes2

Post by jacktimes2 »

I'd prefer a new patch that fixes the memory leak I'm pretty sure is present in the current beta.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

ORIGINAL: jacktimes2

I'd prefer a new patch that fixes the memory leak I'm pretty sure is present in the current beta.

Agree but I wonder if this memory leak is not linked to third parties used by the old engine. Hopefully, this new Archon engine will resolve these problems but I know it means to wait for another game.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”