Placcing pilots in reserve/Drawing from Reserve

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

adarbrauner

Placcing pilots in reserve/Drawing from Reserve

Post by adarbrauner »

Hello;

the manual isn't the brightest where explaining, or omitting to explain, the use of different options in th pilots replacemnt window.

Let's suppose: i'd like to free some good pilots from a unit, in order to draw them for another;

so the path should be, to open the group pilots window, and (in this case) release one or more, but to which reserve? Not to the group's one; so remain the "Active" (whose meaning or purpose i can't understand), or the Reserve;
if this checked, so therefore the pilots should figure in the "reserve": from the pilots replacement window, click on Reserve in the bottom, then choose "reserve" rather than TRacom or group, and here they should figure;

then, from the target air group window click on "get new pilot", after having set the automatic and experience options on the top; and I should have them;

Is it correct?

Now, how please to place pilots in the Training command pool?
And, how could be measured their cotnribution to the training process?

Thank you in advance,

Adar
btd64

RE: Placcing pilots in reserve/Drawing from Reserve

Post by btd64 »

There is a Pilot Addendum in the manual folder in the game. It's good reading and should answer your questions....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Pressed for time, so can't go re-read it, but a note of warning about the Addendum. It speaks of Allied air training groups. As I recall, those were inserted and then removed in a later patch. Other than that the Addendum is very valuable reading.
The Moose
bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

"Active" pilots are the ones who are actively being used in a squadron. When you place them in "Group" that means that they will remain with the squadron's parent group and cannot be used in squadrons outside of that group. Placing them into the "reserve" will make them available to be used by any other squadron in your air force - with the caveat that it will be some days before they might be available. The end of turn sequences even mention this - "checking pilot availability".

You can draw them into a squadron in one of two ways: by choosing "reserve" as the pool from which to draw replacements the squadron will receive any available pilots from the reserve pool, or by clicking the "choose veteran pilot" button which will allow you to peruse the list of available pilots and personally pick the pilots you want to go into that squadron. Please note that there will be a delay before they are able to go active - this represents the time to travel from wherever they have been cooling their heels on reserve to the new squadron.
fair winds,
Brad
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

Now, how please to place pilots in the Training command pool?
And, how could be measured their cotnribution to the training process?

Thank you in advance,

Adar

In order to enter TRACOM from active, the pilot must have reached experience level 80. As to your follow up question, the answer will be different for different players. As far as I know, the contribution is unmeasurable so I do not do it. There may be times when you want to take such pilots off the front line for safe keeping, just put them in reserve and don't draw them until needed.

As for bradfordkay's answer referencing a delay, I believe it takes one day for the pilot to even show up in the reserve pool. Then a number up to 7 is given as the time it will take to arrive at a different squadron. This is only an approximation. I depends on which squadron you wish to transfer them to and where on the map they are. As soon as you request them that delay number may change, and it will be the actual number of days before they arrive.

dmaramba

Post by dmaramba »

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

"Active" pilots are the ones who are actively being used in a squadron. When you place them in "Group" that means that they will remain with the squadron's parent group and cannot be used in squadrons outside of that group. Placing them into the "reserve" will make them available to be used by any other squadron in your air force ...

Not quite. Active pilots are assigned to a squadron and available to fly missions. Pilots in Group Reserve are assigned to a squadron but not available to fly missions, usually (but not always) because they are "in transit." Pilots in Group Reserve can be "claimed" by any other squadron by using the "choose veteran pilot" method described below. You can place a pilot in Group Reserve if you want to make him available to other squadrons, and you know what squadron you want to send him to. Place a pilot in General Reserve when you want to keep him "on ice" pending future assignment.
You can draw them into a squadron in one of two ways: [1] by choosing "reserve" as the pool from which to draw replacements the squadron will receive any available pilots from the reserve pool, or [2] by clicking the "choose veteran pilot" button which will allow you to peruse the list of available pilots and personally pick the pilots you want to go into that squadron. Please note that there will be a delay before they are able to go active - this represents the time to travel from wherever they have been cooling their heels on reserve to the new squadron.

Let me add a little bit to [2]. After clicking the "Choose veteran pilot" button, you can toggle the view to Group > Reserve > TRACOM and pick from whatever list has pilots in it. You can pick pilots by hand (by clicking their names) or (better) by using the buttons at the bottom of the screen. Picking pilots by hand will nearly always cause a 1-7 day delay before the pilot can be activated. Using the buttons to pick the most/least experienced pilot or sorting the list on a pilot skill and the using the buttons to pick the best/worst pilot at that skill never incurs a delay, unless the pilot's delay value is already greater than 1.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”