Decision Games?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

demyansk

Decision Games?

Post by demyansk »

I have come across these games in the World at War magazine. I was wondering if anyone on the forum has played any of them?
wings7

RE: Decision Games?

Post by wings7 »

I have not personally but they have a good reputation...[:)]
http://decisiongames.com/wpsite/
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

I own two of their games. They are fun, usually on the more complex side as far as rule sets go though.

The two I own are:

1. Axis Empires: Totaler Krieg! World War II in Europe 1937-1945.

2. Advanced Pacific Theater of Operations: World War II in the Pacific (which I currently have on my game table).

AE can be played solo without any difficulty. APTO is a bit more tricky to play solo, best with a buddy as you have to use some special carrier and MAGIC rules to make it work solo.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

I have their game Wolfpack from NWS Online, it is the computer version and its a good game, simple in appearance but a large strategy involving trying to locate and take out allied convoys in the atlantic, it is quite a challenge against the AI
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

I have this huge box of War in the Pacific and the huge map on the wall, sadly I never found anyone to play with. So I found War in the Pacific online here and the Admiral Edition.

That board game War in the Pacific by DG was the most expensive board game I ever bought. On that site they wanted 420 dollars for it and I got mine from ebay for two hundreds.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

I bought War in Europe from them but never plyed it as I had no opponents. It is a monster game like the Pacific one. They also have a computer version.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
wodin

Post by wodin »

The solo board game series that starts with Omaha D Day game gets very good reviews.

Sadly it's one of the few companies I can't get a reply from regarding reviewing their games.
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

Wodin, I contacted them a number of months ago to get updated counters and updated rules to the two games I own. I spoke with a woman at their office over the phone who told me that their website was having problems and they didn't have a time line to when it was going to be fixed.

Not sure if you are trying to get a hold of them by e-mail or not, but that might be why you do not get a response back. Try calling them maybe? The woman was very helpful and friendly. She took down my information and they sent out the items on next day shipping with no cost to me.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

I have this huge box of War in the Pacific and the huge map on the wall, sadly I never found anyone to play with. So I found War in the Pacific online here and the Admiral Edition.

That board game War in the Pacific by DG was the most expensive board game I ever bought. On that site they wanted 420 dollars for it and I got mine from ebay for two hundreds.

Did you get the expansion?

I have all but one of the SPW game series. Once it arrives, I'll start using the Vassal module.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Good to know. Though being in the UK not sure I can afford the phone call..will look into it

ORIGINAL: Ostwindflak

Wodin, I contacted them a number of months ago to get updated counters and updated rules to the two games I own. I spoke with a woman at their office over the phone who told me that their website was having problems and they didn't have a time line to when it was going to be fixed.

Not sure if you are trying to get a hold of them by e-mail or not, but that might be why you do not get a response back. Try calling them maybe? The woman was very helpful and friendly. She took down my information and they sent out the items on next day shipping with no cost to me.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Did you get the expansion?

I have all but one of the SPW game series. Once it arrives, I'll start using the Vassal module.

Yeah I think so, had a booklet or two in it. Remember seeing it when I opened it.

Also have handful of ship miniatures as well using complex and realistic ship naval engagements. I use these...
http://www.panzerschiffe.com/
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

I have never played anything with the GOSS rules before chemkid. I am not entirely sure what they consist of.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

I just bought D-Day Tarawa for PC and can't wait to get it.

D-Day at Tarawa

Supposedly more are in the pipeline. Iwo and Peleliu....Excited!!
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
ezzler

Post by ezzler »

Let us know how it goes please.
rocketman71

Post by rocketman71 »

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

I just bought D-Day Tarawa for PC and can't wait to get it.

D-Day at Tarawa

Supposedly more are in the pipeline. Iwo and Peleliu....Excited!!
I have wanted it too, as well as the Omaha beach one, but it is a bummer they don't offer download option. Physical copies can cost as much for shipping/taxes as the game itself from the US to Sweden. Seems out of time not to have download of digital games [:-]

Return to “General Discussion”