Game Guides

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

floyd17

Game Guides

Post by floyd17 »

Are there other guides that help in the game besides Alfreds Ship Repair 101? Getting back into the games after several years. All help is welcomed.
dr.hal

RE: Game Guides

Post by dr.hal »

There are some UTube videos that, although dated, can be useful, have you seen those? Hal
Macclan5

Post by Macclan5 »

Hi

This is actually a great request.

Firstly I will offer this up. A "beginners guide with useful links - not sticky'ed in the War Room Forums".

Check out the section under Misc.

tm.asp?m=2576157

--

I fully realize there is a effort to minimize the number of sticky's in this forum and indeed that is just fine.

I do wonder if there is any consensus or appetite to actually increase the number of sticky's in the "War Room" forum ?

The Beginner FAQ in the War Room is brilliant and answers many many things and further provides links. The FAQ itself is also very long with many headings and I do wonder if newer players such as myself miss things.

However more and more I come across other "guides" or "deep discussions" where the devs posted responses; some as old as 10 years ago. They often are not covered in the FAQ.

Example: (1) ASW discussion just yesterday. (2) National Ports - ship withdrawl.

I am certain there is a small finite list of headings that could be sticky'ed with "often repeated asked questions" for newer players.

1) ASW and wolf packs
2) Auxiliary ship and uses guide
3) etc

Any way my suggestion is a bit counter to prevailing wisdom on this board; but in the War Room I would think its appropriate due to lower volume of posting.

Further the War Room is where I deem we really need to encourage new players to "seek and discover this awesome game" in and on their own somewhat. My perception is that discovery in this game is at least 45% of the hobby and I am always quite thrilled to discover new facets of the game.

Regards

I would think

A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Which side are you wishing to play? If the Japanese, there's a couple of treatises that I have found enormously helpful. One is a Japanese aircraft "Wire Chart" by Hanzberger which is necessary whenever making production decisions. If you can't find it, his email is sshanzberger@aol.com and I'm sure he'll provide it to you. Another is an Economic Primer made by I forget who, cause he never seems to put his name on anything. It is invaluable but I know not where to get it. However, the author also made a number of video tutorials you can find here: https://sites.google.com/site/n01487477/Home?pli=1

floyd17

Post by floyd17 »

Thanks for all the help.

Floyd

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”