Another flying B-29

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

JohnDillworth

Another flying B-29

Post by JohnDillworth »

Only the 2nd one as far as I know. I wonder if these are the original engines or they replaced them with non standard ones like FiFi? Looking forward to seeing this on the air show circuit I hope http://www.b-29doc.com/
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
bartrat

RE: Another flying B-29

Post by bartrat »

FiFi engines are non-turbocharged. I have seen the plane and did the tour of it on the ground. Has a NORDEN bombsight that was donated by Paul Tibbits himself. See the aircraft as soon as you can it is great time!
WW2 logistics fanboy and
Rat Rancher
Rat ranching for fun and profit, had better be fun, cause there is no profit.
JohnDillworth

Post by JohnDillworth »

ORIGINAL: bartrat

FiFi engines are non-turbocharged. I have seen the plane and did the tour of it on the ground. Has a NORDEN bombsight that was donated by Paul Tibbits himself. See the aircraft as soon as you can it is great time!
Had the pleasure 2 years ago. She flies over my house when she is at the Jones Beach Air show. I did get to walk through, flights were going for about $800. I was severely tempted. maybe this year
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
bartrat

Post by bartrat »

I saw her at DuPage County Airport two years ago, and the fee to fly in the nose was $1900; worth every penny, but I could not afford it.
WW2 logistics fanboy and
Rat Rancher
Rat ranching for fun and profit, had better be fun, cause there is no profit.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”