Babes Operation FS Scen035 Released

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

US87891

Babes Operation FS Scen035 Released

Post by US87891 »

At long last, the Babes Op FS Scenario #35 is released and posted on the website at:
https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswi ... eration-sf

And here, all this time, I have been calling it Op SF. Maybe all the changes have made me dyslexic .

It includes the scenario files, and several pdf files that cover the operation background, the actual historical operational plans and instructions, and the scenario rules and best practices.

The intent is to present the scenario in the form of a Fleet Problem or Operational Exercise rather than a conventional AE game scenario. We also wished to impose some of the difficulties faced by the commanders of that time period. The scenario has all of the standard Babes AE data tweaks, as well as a few of its own.

Comments on dinks, donks, bumps, naughty bits, and hard places, are welcome.

Matt
chemkid

RE: Babes Operation FS Scen035 Released

Post by chemkid »

drw61

Post by drw61 »

Matt, please pass on to the everyone that worked on this our many thanks.
US87891

Post by US87891 »

Thank you all very much.

Robert, I will have MO make it official and include your images and text files in the scenario package. One good turn deserves another. We will, of course, give you full credit.

Daryl, I will certainly pass on the thanks. It was mostly the usual people, but there were a couple of new faces from the Navy in San Diego. We got lucky with Lt. Jane Cawthon who is currently at the Naval Surface and Mine Warfighting Development Center. Very astute and very deadly. We will have to hurry to have the benefit of her expertise. She applied to the Amphibious Warfare Tactics Instructor program and will not have much free time after she gets accepted.

Thanks again. Matt
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

[&o] [:)]
US87891

Post by US87891 »

It has only been a week and it already has an update to v02. Hopefully this will be the first and last [;)] although somehow I don't think that will be the case.

11/12/16 Added scenario screen art and text(thank you Robert); Applied pilots system to RAAF/RNZAF

Matt
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

ORIGINAL: drw61

Matt, please pass on to the everyone that worked on this our many thanks.

Plus 1 !!!

Absolutely outstanding; my Babes Folder has been (im)patiently waiting!

And: I can only but echo what others have already stated: What makes the Babes Scenarios so unique, is the level of detail and research involved, that is professionally presented not only in the OOB's, but also in the historical background and "Best Practices" notes that add immensely to the flavor and challenge of executing the goals for either side.

Add to this, that the scenarios are smaller and much faster playing than a campaign (which immense detail I truly love); then I am a Happy Camper.

Mac

LAV-25 2147
Herrbear

Post by Herrbear »

Thank you very much.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Has annybody ever started a test PBEM game?

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”