@Daniele (or another Mod): Stop The StickyMania Please!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

LoBaron

@Daniele (or another Mod): Stop The StickyMania Please!

Post by LoBaron »

Daniele, this is for you as you seem to be the most recent mod contributing to an already existing mess, but if any other mod feels addressed, by all means feel addressed!

The General Discussion of the WitP AE forum was handicapped by the load of sticky threads - most of em which are either not current anymore anyway or could be easily at least be compiled into a single thread - before you added your lot already. Now it is becoming unreadable.

With the post frequency average in here threads disappear within hours to page 2 and get lost in the clutter. Many interesting discussions will get discontinued and many questions will be left unanswered.

If you want to contribute to the readability of the forum and help new players to find the important stuff as well as support regulars keeping track of the discussions and support the community that likes to answer questions, please clean up the sticky mess and do not increase it.

Thank you!

(For a starter you could search for all Alfred Guides ever written and compile them into a single sticky thread. You can, at the same time, remove all others. It would still increase the value of the information stickied by a factor of 10).
geofflambert

RE: @Daniele (or another Mod): Stop The StickyMania Please!

Post by geofflambert »

How sticky is Daniele? Orange marmalade sticky? Ummmmm

LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

obvert

Post by obvert »

I support your efforts here LoBaron. I would encourage others to PM Daniele and (kindly) ask that she help to consolidate the stickies there and reduce the total number.

For instance, why are there three separate stickies on video tutorials?? [&:][:(]
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Sorry I seem to have entered the wrong forum, I could have sworn this was the AE one????

[:D]

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

I just looked and while there are a lot of stickies on the AE forum, most are not started by Danielle or anyone else at Matrix.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Big B

Post by Big B »

How about a simple link that is called Sticky's ?
Then ALL stickies could be found there - like War Room already is, etc?
szmike

Post by szmike »

hey, I was once surprised when all stickies were gone....

but apparently I was on page 2 already [:'(]
Daniele

Post by Daniele »

Hi,

Thanks to all for having reported me your concerns. I missed this request in the previous days and when I started to receive PMs I thought there was a class-action against me :-)

I think I have contributed "recently" with three threads and no more, but I get your point in making the forum the most readable as possible. I'm going to un-stick the threads regarding old updates and posts evidently outdated or no more useful.

In order to make things right, if you have any suggestion or knowledge about what threads should be moved down/un-sticked feel free to ping me, and I'll take care of it.

Thanks once again for your support.

Daniele
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Thank you for responding to us. Greatly appreciated....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

ORIGINAL: Daniele

Hi,

Thanks to all for having reported me your concerns. I missed this request in the previous days and when I started to receive PMs I thought there was a class-action against me :-)

I think I have contributed "recently" with three threads and no more, but I get your point in making the forum the most readable as possible. I'm going to un-stick the threads regarding old updates and posts evidently outdated or no more useful.

In order to make things right, if you have any suggestion or knowledge about what threads should be moved down/un-sticked feel free to ping me, and I'll take care of it.

Daniele

Hello Daniele!

Thank you for your quick action on this (and sorry that you got the flak, I addressed this to you as you correctly assumed you aded the latest of the threads to the lot. It is a general issue, not yours).

At a first glance if you want to hear my personal suggestions for a fast cleanup without much thinking:

War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition v1.01.26a Open Beta Patch --> can be removed as open beta is long past.

AE Air Issues and Air OOB Issues, AE Naval and OOB Issues, AE Land and AI Issues, AE Map, Base, Economic Issues --> can be removed ot moved into a single thread in the tech section. They are relics of the post release reporting and are not used anymore. The rare Bugs that turn up can be reported via the Tech section of the Forums. OOB will not change anymore.

Some Basic Training Video Tutorials --> makes sense, and you Daniele could even add the video links you posted recently to that thread. Less space used, but the info is helpful.

Even if the rest stays where it is this would result in only 8 sticky threads which is manageable and leaves enough room for the General Discussion.

It is just a suggestion but it might be a good starting point.

Thanks again for your reply and help.

bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Hi,

Daniele

Hello Daniele!

Thank you for your quick action on this (and sorry that you got the flak, I addressed this to you as you correctly assumed you aded the latest of the threads to the lot. It is a general issue, not yours).

At a first glance if you want to hear my personal suggestions for a fast cleanup without much thinking:

War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition v1.01.26a Open Beta Patch --> can be removed as open beta is long past.

AE Air Issues and Air OOB Issues, AE Naval and OOB Issues, AE Land and AI Issues, AE Map, Base, Economic Issues --> can be removed ot moved into a single thread in the tech section. They are relics of the post release reporting and are not used anymore. The rare Bugs that turn up can be reported via the Tech section of the Forums. OOB will not change anymore.

Some Basic Training Video Tutorials --> makes sense, and you Daniele could even add the video links you posted recently to that thread. Less space used, but the info is helpful.

Even if the rest stays where it is this would result in only 8 sticky threads which is manageable and leaves enough room for the General Discussion.

It is just a suggestion but it might be a good starting point.

Thanks again for your reply and help.

This is an entirely reasonable suggestion.
fair winds,
Brad
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Daniele

Post by Daniele »

Hi all,

So, I've started to clean up the stickies following the suggestions. I din't deleted anything so far, instead I have unpinned the old threads and I put a line saying [OUTDATED] in the title and in the body of the text (just in case it wasn't clear enough).

In this way the unpinned posts have been listed as "normal" ones and now they are following the usual timeline. If, for instance, one of the threads started in 2013, you will find it probably at the very bottom of the list.

I think now the forum is more readable, but of course, if you have concerns of any kind, just ping me :-)

Daniele
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Hi all,

So, I've started to clean up the stickies following the suggestions. I din't deleted anything so far, instead I have unpinned the old threads and I put a line saying [OUTDATED] in the title and in the body of the text (just in case it wasn't clear enough).

In this way the unpinned posts have been listed as "normal" ones and now they are following the usual timeline. If, for instance, one of the threads started in 2013, you will find it probably at the very bottom of the list.

I think now the forum is more readable, but of course, if you have concerns of any kind, just ping me :-)

Daniele
Many thanks Daniele - have noticed a pleasant difference already!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Hurrah for the sticky-pocalypse! The main page of the AE forums is now much more inviting.
obvert

Post by obvert »

Thanks! [&o]
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Thank you!!

[&o][&o][&o]
Pax
bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

Thank you so very much. [&o]
fair winds,
Brad
Daniele

Post by Daniele »

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”