Battle of South sea - MrKane(A) vs DmitryZ(J)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

obvert

RE: Battle of Narbada River - MrKane(A) vs DmitryZ(J)

Post by obvert »

That is a good fighter group! Helps to get the Spit VIII early, huh? [:D]
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

Does your opponent use any (semi-)modern fighters? All I see in the losses are starting Zero and Oscar [:-]
MrKane

Post by MrKane »

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

Does your opponent use any (semi-)modern fighters? All I see in the losses are starting Zero and Oscar [:-]

He does. Ki-44 for example. And I have just 15 Spits left.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

great job ... sorry for your opponent ...
Pax
MrKane

Post by MrKane »

Well, I just have received surrender note form my opponent. So this is it. Game ended on Jan 17th 1943.
Mike McCreery

Post by Mike McCreery »

ORIGINAL: MrKane

Well, I just have received surrender note form my opponent. So this is it. Game ended on Jan 17th 1943.

Wonderful job!!
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Congratulations on your win!
I am disappointed that your opponent gave up when things turned against him - he seemed to be giving a good fight in the first few pages of your AAR. Could have been an interesting defensive game for him after losing the armies in India.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

another victim... [:D]
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

another victim... [:D]
+1
Pax
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

Good job!
Although it is pretty disappointing seeing Japan bail when its fun time is over, robbing the Allies of most of their ass-kicking time
Jellicoe

Post by Jellicoe »

There is probably an equation that equates the rate of Japanese advance/aggression to the probability of a long game. Although that might be a bit unfair.....

Looks like you enjoyed the challenge of a hyper aggressive Japan though
MrKane

Post by MrKane »

ORIGINAL: Jellicoe

There is probably an equation that equates the rate of Japanese advance/aggression to the probability of a long game. Although that might be a bit unfair.....

Looks like you enjoyed the challenge of a hyper aggressive Japan though

I am enjoying every game when opponent is fighting back, does not matter I am loosing or winning, good fight is all I am looking for. But I did understand that by picking inexperienced player I can receive short game. However at that time I was not fully convinced that I will recover to point when I will be able play complete game. Luckily for me my health is improving with every month so I will choose next opponent more carefully.
DmitryZ

Post by DmitryZ »

Hi, Tomasz! Thank you, this was a beautiful expierence! Well, I was not quite adequate to this greate challenge and, probably, surrender too early and too easy. But I believe, you have enjoyed this campaign at least, at least half as me.
2 cents to your AAR:
1. We had no HR about paying political points and I didn't pay for all this troops in China. Our rules were:
a) 10 k for 4-E
b) one para unit - one drop
c) no resizing airgroops, except carriers ones
2. Hiyo is not sunk, it was acting near Bombay during my last turn, you have seen Judys from its deck. I lost not many warships and even the strike that prevent me to surrender didn't cost any ship for me, except single destroyer. I was depressed becouse after many years playing this game I do not understand some important things: the TF with such aggressive leader as Tanaka, absolute threat tolerance order, all kinds of ammo except shells to dual-purpoise guns could to retreat before a single motor-boat just becouse this lack of 12 cm shells.
3. BTW, my troubles in India began from another misunderstanding of game mechanism. That 3 ID at the rear of Narbada-line were not a desperate offension without any flanks covering. Just part of my troops, ordered to move from Bombay to Calcutta in strategic mode, made it in strange march-route, crossing your rear positions(and I even cannot understood their way: any railroad to that hex, there they were encircled cross a station under your control).
4. I saw, you are looking for opponent. If I could recommend something, my advice: play with Pentakomo, he wrote a message in your topic. You thought, you're aggressive? You thought, I am agressive? Play with him for understood the very nature of aggressivenesshttp://www.matrixgames.com/forums/micons/m16.gif:)
Congratulations with your victory and good luck in any your affairs
MrKane

Post by MrKane »

ORIGINAL: DmitryZ

Hi, Tomasz! Thank you, this was a beautiful expierence! Well, I was not quite adequate to this greate challenge and, probably, surrender too early and too easy. But I believe, you have enjoyed this campaign at least, at least half as me.
2 cents to your AAR:
1. We had no HR about paying political points and I didn't pay for all this troops in China. Our rules were:
a) 10 k for 4-E
2. Hiyo is not sunk, it was acting near Bombay during my last turn, you have seen Judys from its deck. I lost not many warships and even the strike that prevent me to surrender didn't cost any ship for me, except single destroyer. I was depressed becouse after many years playing this game I do not understand some important things: the TF with such aggressive leader as Tanaka, absolute threat tolerance order, all kinds of ammo except shells to dual-purpoise guns could to retreat before a single motor-boat just becouse this lack of 12 cm shells.
3. BTW, my troubles in India began from another misunderstanding of game mechanism. That 3 ID at the rear of Narbada-line were not a desperate offension without any flanks covering. Just part of my troops, ordered to move from Bombay to Calcutta in strategic mode, made it in strange march-route, crossing your rear positions(and I even cannot understood their way: any railroad to that hex, there they were encircled cross a station under your control).
4. I saw, you are looking for opponent. If I could recommend something, my advice: play with Pentakomo, he wrote a message in your topic. You thought, you're aggressive? You thought, I am agressive? Play with him for understood the very nature of aggressivenesshttp://www.matrixgames.com/forums/micons/m16.gif:)

Thank you too Dmitri, I was fun playing against you.
It is obvious that some events are looking completely different from other side.
Good luck in your next game.
MrKane

Post by MrKane »

ORIGINAL: DmitryZ

2 cents to your AAR:
a) 10 k for 4-E

About strange behavior yours BBs, it was my doing :D too, I have suspected that you will send those ships to Bombay, so I have set 6 x 1 xAK TFs, 2 1 x MGT and one RN squadron one hex of Bombay. Those TFs forced yours ships to lose game time ticks by playing cat and mouse with them. As result at yours ships have run out of time ticks to engage anything else.
DmitryZ

Post by DmitryZ »

But they didn't engage anything. Meet one MGB and avoid combat:(

Return to “After Action Reports”