cancelled orders

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

zuluhour

cancelled orders

Post by zuluhour »

Not the first time an army has got within a mile or two of the objective and reverted to no miles.
Chris21wen

RE: cancelled orders

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

Not the first time an army has got within a mile or two of the objective and reverted to no miles.

There's a lot more info required here. What side, what unit, where were they going etc.
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

In the hex just SE of Manila are 6 reinforced divisions in movement mode. They were moving NE and were within 2 days of entering the IJ hex. Upon opening
this turn they are at 0 miles.

RichardAckermann

Post by RichardAckermann »

There is a TF in that hex. Is it yours? Are they unloading? Unloading troops into a moving LCU can reset movement, IIRC.
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

strictly supply
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

I´ve suffered this bug on several occasions. Mostly in China but also in OZ and Burma.

It has a sad history of happening on the worst kind of times.
RichardAckermann

Post by RichardAckermann »

Hmmm....I have another idea, but it's more like wild guessing. I observed if units are moving toward each other, the side that moves first does reset enemy movement. Maybe the opponent moved toward your hex, and both sides arrived at the same turn, thus maybe resetting movement on each other.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: RichardAckermann

Hmmm....I have another idea, but it's more like wild guessing. I observed if units are moving toward each other, the side that moves first does reset enemy movement. Maybe the opponent moved toward your hex, and both sides arrived at the same turn, thus maybe resetting movement on each other.
Yes, if you set a legal move to pass to a different hex but the enemy crosses that side and blocks it before you complete your move, the AI does not halt your move immediately - it only checks hex side control on the turn when you are to cross the boundary. Then you get a message along the lines of "Movement orders for unit xxx cancelled because of illegal move".

EDIT: I do not consider this a bug - it WAD. We just wish it would instantly tell us when the move can no longer succeed instead of several turns later. It should be possible to discern the hexside control change yourself using the W key every time, but that is hugely tedious.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “Tech Support”