Where has my unit information window gone?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

kneecaps

Where has my unit information window gone?

Post by kneecaps »

Where has the unit/group information window gone that used to be in the top right? I can't see what group or unit type I've selected.

Running build 1.11 SR 6 870.4 (upgraded from 1.1. SR1) and the unit info was there.
michaelm75au

RE: Where has my unit information window gone?

Post by michaelm75au »

Not exactly sure what the problem is. Try going into the game options and tick on 'reset secondary windows'.
Attaching a screen shot of the screen on which it is suppose to be may be helpful.
Michael
kneecaps

Post by kneecaps »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Not exactly sure what the problem is. Try going into the game options and tick on 'reset secondary windows'.
Attaching a screen shot of the screen on which it is suppose to be may be helpful.

The reset fixed it. There is something very different about the right hand menus from SR1 to SR6 for me anyway....
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

We have been updating them.

Things look ok now?

Thanks!

Mike
kneecaps

Post by kneecaps »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

We have been updating them.

Things look ok now?

Thanks!

Mike

All good now, however it was very strange, because I could launch a new scenario or load saves and the Unit Info box was simply missing. Even app relaunches didn't fix it. Only using the window reset button did. Feels like some initialization of the new info boxes didn't happen.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

It happens when you open and close sections of the unit column at the beginning of a scenario before you select a unit. The devs are working on it. I'd suggest next time putting it the tech support section. There is another thread in there.
kneecaps

Post by kneecaps »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

It happens when you open and close sections of the unit column at the beginning of a scenario before you select a unit. The devs are working on it. I'd suggest next time putting it the tech support section. There is another thread in there.

Thanks. Agreed, that is a better place for it.
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Please download this patch tm.asp?m=4176517 and it should be fixed.
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
kneecaps

Post by kneecaps »

ORIGINAL: Baloogan

Please download this patch tm.asp?m=4176517 and it should be fixed.

Hey Baloogan, thanks but I'm already on that build.

Exact Sequence to reproduce is.

1) Open a scenario, do not select a unit.
2) Minimize the Unit Status window by clicking its ^ button.
3) Next click the Weapons box TWICE (as if trying to expand the Weapon box)
4) Unit Status will disappear and not reappear when selecting a unit.
neno

Post by neno »

Another way to reproduce the missing Unit status is to create a blank scenario, create a side and open the Doctrine window, before placing any unit.

As soon as the Doctrine window opens, Unit status disappears. The only way to get it back is to restart the game.

EDIT: Unit status also disappears if you open the Doctrine window before selecting a unit, after loading a saved game.
eleos

Post by eleos »

I'm running Build 870.4 and facing the same problem.
Moreover when I start a new scenario e.g. Don of new era and before selecting any unit i'm selecting Doctrine/EMCON side from dropdown menu Command stop running and there is a message that windows gathering info to send them to Microsoft when I try to inherit EMCON
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn »

ORIGINAL: eleos

I'm running Build 870.4 and facing the same problem.
Moreover when I start a new scenario e.g. Don of new era and before selecting any unit i'm selecting Doctrine/EMCON side from dropdown menu Command stop running and there is a message that windows gathering info to send them to Microsoft when I try to inherit EMCON
It doesn't crash for me but opening Doctrine/EMCON from the mission editor before starting the scenery will cause the unit info box to disappear and also all the drop down lists from the Doctrine menu will be blank.
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

I am finding the same thing. Not sure posting a file will help since the issue is UI. You can live with losing the unit info but that is not what's intended given all the database images etc.. The way to reproduce the disappearance seems more wide spread than what was posted by above. It's a bit maddening actually.
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
Peter66

Post by Peter66 »

Same problem with opening doctrine window before placing a unit. At least with CMANO I have full faith in the devs! Only a matter of time before it's fixed.
"Is game hard to pick up?" <- easier to pick up than most women.
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Has this UI behavior been confirmed by the development team? I did not see something in tech support area but can start a thread there and post anything helpful as needed.

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

It's a known issue. You can avoid it by not fiddling with the unit status panel before loading a scenario.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: kevinkin

Has this UI behavior been confirmed by the development team? I did not see something in tech support area but can start a thread there and post anything helpful as needed.

Kevin

Sure have. Thanks!

Mike
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Great. Been fiddling but it has a way disappearing when it's needed the most in-game. For now, I'll chalk it up to cyber warfare attacks.
Alfred Thayer Mahan

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”