Hokushin-ron/Northern Road NJP72 vs TiemanJ

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

njp72

RE: Hokushin-ron/Northern Road NJP72 vs TiemanJ

Post by njp72 »

Allied counterattack

With the major IJN units committed to the blockade of Karachi, Jeff has found other places to hit back.

Logically he has commenced a fairly big offensive in the North to secure his positions and start to cause trouble.

Thus far with limited reserves I haven't reacted too much but will wait and see how far he pushes.

Attachments
Alliedcounterattack.gif
Alliedcounterattack.gif (229.33 KiB) Viewed 93 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Score board

Looking okay here with Singapore and the PIs still to be wrapped up. Should be able to get to 3 :1 in the next couple of months but after that.............

On the positive side Indian and Commonwealth ground forces have really taken a hammering and I hope it will be over 12 months before they recover.

Negative- Not many Allied ships (especially decent ones), are being sunk or even engaged.

Attachments
Scoreboard.gif
Scoreboard.gif (269.03 KiB) Viewed 93 times
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

So, almost May 42.

Thoughts: you haven't seen US ID's in India. At this point he should have at least 4 bought out, where are they? 4 of them can cause some mischief and I would want to know where they are. Very surprised not to have seen them in India ... most allied players will rise to your gambit and move them there. As you note, you have trashed his brit and aussie units and with their replacement rates, they won't be a factor for a year or even two.

Of course he has also likely bought out some air groups ... 4E's and fighters are generally the priorities ... and where are those buggers?

Pax
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

So, almost May 42.

Thoughts: you haven't seen US ID's in India. At this point he should have at least 4 bought out, where are they? 4 of them can cause some mischief and I would want to know where they are. Very surprised not to have seen them in India ... most allied players will rise to your gambit and move them there. As you note, you have trashed his brit and aussie units and with their replacement rates, they won't be a factor for a year or even two.

Of course he has also likely bought out some air groups ... 4E's and fighters are generally the priorities ... and where are those buggers?

njp72 and I started a game which I could not finish .. but this is exactly what I did .. sneak in 3 American Divisions
This in a scenario #1 situation ... certainly the Indian invasion complexly wrecks the Indian and British replacement pools
and ability to supply India inernally but as you just say 4 American divisions can engage and tie down the IJ forces while in 1944 the weak spots exploited ...
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
njp72

Post by njp72 »

So, almost May 42.

I suspect the US divisions are massing in OZ and getting ready to have a crack at the DEI.

Jeff is a very aggressive Allied player.

njp72

Post by njp72 »

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

So, almost May 42.

njp72 and I started a game which I could not finish .. but this is exactly what I did .. sneak in 3 American Divisions
This in a scenario #1 situation ... certainly the Indian invasion complexly wrecks the Indian and British replacement pools
and ability to supply India inernally but as you just say 4 American divisions can engage and tie down the IJ forces while in 1944 the weak spots exploited ...

Yep that was a good game [:)]

Jeff has a plan and strategy. He hasn't wanted to take me on in India so I think it will be around Oz.
njp72

Post by njp72 »

May 42- update

Terribly overdue but work and family have been flat out.

It is a very interesting game at the moment and as proven Jeff is a great opponent. Both sides seem content to avoid each other and pursue their own objectives. I have been focusing on India and the Allies in the northern pacific.

Soon this will change and the fighting will really start to hot up in the second half of 42.

Scoreboard wise, very few ships of either side are being sunk. Really very few ships of either side are even being seen let alone engaged. Air losses are also quite minimal for both sides. The one good accomplishment from the Empire's perspective has been the trashing of Indian and Brit troops in India.

njp72

Post by njp72 »

India- as far as I am concerned this campaign is now largely over.

A few decent pockets of Allied troops still need to be exterminated but effective resistance has now ceased below the LOD. The Allies still have plenty of troops around Karachi, though the formations have been battered and the quality is questionable. Not willing to push for the whole of India with Singapore still not taken.

Bombay by the way took close to 9 x IJA divisions and I daresay if the Aussie 6th and the Brt 18th didn't break out and I stayed, I doubt if I would have ever of taken it ! Incredibly tough nut to crack.

njp72

Post by njp72 »

Singers- massing troops here for the next assault. Will go at it with at least 6 veteran Divs after I bring some over from India. The priority target at the moment.

njp72

Post by njp72 »

China- finally broken through into the plains but supply is a big issue.

It is an interesting contest with a lot of manoeuvre by both sides rather than assaulting strong points. In another month I should have him by the throat.

njp72

Post by njp72 »

PI- Manilla fell okay but Clarke is a real bear thanks to stacking limits.

The allied forces are out of supplies but are still capable of inflicting severe damage on IJA infantry formations. Once Singapore is taken the focus will shift back to here. I think Armour will be the key.

njp72

Post by njp72 »

Aleutians- and this is where Jeff has cleverly made his move.

I haven't aggressively resisted because:

1. All of my assets are engaged with priority targets and can't be spared and

2. Fairly convinced it is a distraction to divert forces away from India and OZ.

I can't see the Allies making much further progress and once the Tojo comes on line, I fully intend to establish air supremacy. Jeff has been very good with his CAP settings with his P40s and P39s and has caused a considerable amount of grief amongst my poor Oscars [:(]

PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: njp72
... I think Armour will be the key.

Always is ... [;)]
Pax
obvert

Post by obvert »

I can't see the Allies making much further progress and once the Tojo comes on line, I fully intend to establish air supremacy. Jeff has been very good with his CAP settings with his P40s and P39s and has caused a considerable amount of grief amongst my poor Oscars [:(]

What settings is he using?
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
njp72

Post by njp72 »

ORIGINAL: obvert

What settings is he using?

Very short range and reasonably high alt but not maximum. I am starting to suspect that his pilot quality may be the major factor behind my grief and not the settings. I also suspect he is very good with his pilot training.

njp72

Post by njp72 »

A long time without an update but plenty happening.

Its late Jan 43 and the Allies have started to roll into an offensive.

Most of the fighting has been in India where the Allies have twice fail to take Bombay and suffered heavy losses. On his third try Jeff utilised some great manoeuvre tactics where he bypassed Bombay and went straight at Calcutta. He obliterated two Japanese IJA divisions that got caught in his path and trapped.

IJA Tactics: Allied firepower and speed is simply too strong for a war of manoeuvre over such a large land mass as India. In saying that the key positions (Madras, Bombay and Calcutta) are valuable to the war effort and would be very difficult positions to take. Also one of the key reasons for invading India was to attrit and make commonwealth forces bleed. Defending from these solid strong points makes sense in achieving this aim.

Anyway 12 + allied inf divisions + armour are about to assault Calcutta which has 3 and 1/2 veteran inf divisions.

I wonder who will win [X(]

Attachments
Calcutta.gif
Calcutta.gif (345.38 KiB) Viewed 92 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

IJA Orbat for the slaughter at Calcutta- the Indian Stalingrad

- minus the IJA Army HQs

Attachments
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (390.56 KiB) Viewed 92 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Well the first wave came in, but unfortunately for the Allies it appears someone stuffed up traffic control and only one side assaulting across the river arrived either that or there was a colossal failure in Allied int. [:D]

I know how devilishly tricky it can be to coordinate multiple battle groups arriving at the same time so I feel Jeff's pain.

Attachments
Calcutta1.gif
Calcutta1.gif (383.75 KiB) Viewed 92 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

It was always going to hurt the allies, but the lack of combat power meant a lot of blood spilt for no real gain.

Now I just need to take care of the other 20 divisions behind them. [;)]

Only way to fight as the IJA- in heavy urban terrain [:D]

Attachments
Calcutta2.gif
Calcutta2.gif (402.41 KiB) Viewed 92 times
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Nicely done at Calcuttagrad , but the low level of supplies is worrisome.

No CV clashes?

Return to “After Action Reports”