Possible issue with LGB Release

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

tango4

Possible issue with LGB Release

Post by tango4 »

Hi guys,

As always, let me start first by the usual big thanks to the team for your continued support.
I have detected a behavior that might be unrealistic regarding Laser Guided Bomb Release.

I detected this issue a while ago in the scenario Fighter Weapons School - GAT 5 and 6, 1977.
In order to reproduce the issue easily, I created a test version of this scenario, removing enemy presence, and leaving only the four targets. I then created a savegame which shows the issue and that you can get here (sorry, I still can't manage to upload on those matrix forums).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6f1ccr7a08zz ... .save?dl=0

Now, the issue (or at least what I think might be an issue: the idea here is that I would like your opinion on this point):
As you can see when you load the save, you have one strike mission created involving a group of 2 F-4 Phantoms equipped each with two GBU-10. The targets for the mission are the 4 A/C Revetment.
Before pressing start/resume, make sure you activate illumination vectors and targeting vectors.
Normally, you should have 4 targeting vectors, one for each target.
My problem with what happens is that sometimes, I am able to destroy all 4 targets or 3 of them in a single run.
Basically, when the aircraft approach target area, each of them is going to pick ONE target, illuminate it and release ONE bomb. With the speed they have, when the bombs impact their targets, normally, the aircraft have not yet overflown their target. Yet in less than 3 seconds, the aircraft are able to release their second bomb (which in itself is OK) but sometimes ON A DIFFERENT TARGET (although it does not happen every single time: you should run my savegame several times, and/or adjust the IP to observe it precisely). This is what I feel might be unrealistic. I don't see how it is possible to acquire a new target in less than 3 seconds and release a bomb on it accurately.

Could you please give me your opinion on this ?
If I was not clear enough, don't hesitate to tell me, I can try to explain it better.

Good night !

Charles
tango4

RE: Possible issue with LGB Release

Post by tango4 »

Bump.
Just in case it went un-noticed.

Cheers.

Charles

Return to “Tech Support”