Problem starting SR6 with Windows 10

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Ginetto

Problem starting SR6 with Windows 10

Post by Ginetto »

I downloaded and installed the latest CMANO update, SR6, on both my Windows XP and Windows 10 machines. With Windows XP there was no problem and the game runs well.
Instead on the Windows 10 computer (with the latest Microsoft updates installed) after clicking on the game icon and getting the picture of the DD launching a missile, the following message is displayed:
Failed to load Lua! Error: Unable to load DLL "lua52": The specified module could not be found: (Exception from HRESULT 0x8007007E)".
I tried downloading and reinstalling twice, to no avail.
HELP!
Gino
ojms

RE: Problem starting SR6 with Windows 10

Post by ojms »

Can you check in your command folder to see is the lua52.dll is there?
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Yes it is, from 13 November 2013.
Gino
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Do you have more than one Command directory?
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Ginetto it might be something with that file.

I've zipped and attached mine to this post. Go ahead and unzip to your Commmand root directory, say use to the replace and let us know if it fixes your issue.

Thanks!

Mike
Attachments
lua52.zip
(74.65 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Yes. I have Wargame of the Year and the normal CMANO. I only use this last one in which all the updates etc. have been downloaded and installed. Both have the Lua52 dll file.
Gino
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Mike, thanks. I tried but it gives me the same error message.
Gino
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I think you are taking a risk with two directories. I would uninstall and reinstall into one. The default directory gets switched around sometimes in my experience. Also, if you are using betas, it can get a little screwy with directories. Not sure it will help this problem...just some advice.
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

I uninstalled the wargame of the year but the problem persists.
Gino
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

What I am saying is uninstall both. I suspect you have updates scattered across both directories. Uninstall both and reinstall and make sure it goes to one directory.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Check this post on how to perform a clean install:

fb.asp?m=4165745
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

After a frustrating two days, the game runs again. The solution was VPaulus's. Huge thank you VonP.

Mikmyk, I've noticed a persistent antipathy between some Matrix Games products and Windows 10, a situation which doesn't exist, instead, with Windows XP.
Is there any chance that MG put together a few heads to come up with a general solution?
I'm probably being naïve. Software development is not my area of competence. But it would be a big help.
Gino
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

windows 10 imo is the best gaming platform yet, but as most issues come from upgrades from a previous version of windows or missing pre requites files, it can be frustrating to say the lease, imo and i say my opinion only mind you,... one way round this would be to make all the updates include pre requites as well so each time it updates, it also re install all the files needed, but most would say that's maybe overkill and add's to the download size, plus for those who install to a none default location it may not help either
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

I don't get it. In my case I have two computers. One runs on Windows XP since its "birth". The other on Windows 10, also since the very beginning. I installed the same games on both. When Matrix offers updates, the Windows XP machine accepts them without a murmur and everyone is happy. The Windows 10 computer, instead, more often than not will come up with all sorts of unintelligible error messages and make me waste a couple days to find a solution, including, as in this last instance, complete uninstall, fiddling with the registry and complete reinstall plus re-update.
Gino
FrancescoT58

Post by FrancescoT58 »

hi all,
wasn't this an issue where the visual c++ x86 redistributable was not installed on the computer?
Francesco
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

No. It was installed. I checked.
Gino

Return to “Tech Support”