Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0.3 released 40 races

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Bingeling

RE: Distant Worlds Extended

Post by Bingeling »

I would expect this to be updated in the AI mod. This has not changed a lot as it is pretty basic and brilliant :)

I believe that the AI mod includes the "DAS Chrome UI", but I could be wrong.

If they do not, do the following. Download both mods. Look inside Das Chrome UI and see what folders it includes (it should be only a few). Then look in the other mod if these folders are present (they probably are not unless including another UI mod).

If they do not overlap, simply move the ones from the UI mod into the other one (or the other way) and you have the combination. If they contain the same file, you should be careful in what you do.

The worst thing that can happen by adding an UI mod that does not conflict in files (even if other file are present in the same folder), is that you get some UI elements with a different look (that was not included in the UI mod). This could happen if you add the UI mod to another mod that adds new resources, for instance.

And in any way, doing the above is not more dangerous than in worst case having to delete the mod folders and download again.
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

ORIGINAL: Skywalker

Kitty race? Please?
Something in line with this for racepic? Image

Overaverage breeders, good spacers, smart, averagely loyal, suspicious...

Love aking that one at every space 4X game and play them exclusively ^.^. Think furry fans playing DWU would love it.

they remind me of the former Mrrshan from the classic Master of Orion.. [X(]
andyinkuwait

Post by andyinkuwait »

I'm getting a CTD sometimes when the loader is finished but always when I access Galactopedia within DWE. In fact the only reason I get a CTD sometimes after the loader is finished is because when I dismiss the Galactopedia (which is the first thing that pops up), I do it before it causes the CTD.

Seems Galactopedia is a problem with Win10.

Can anyone help?
Trifler

Post by Trifler »

Delete
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

I don't have Win10 Andy so sorry I don't know. I don't get the CTDs with the mod.
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

Andy, I play Win 10 with zero issues. Whenever I had a CTD at startup was always because of a typo or missing comma. Idk if you were modding or just looking around at files. Maybe I'm way off base, but it's just a thought.
dopedwizard

Post by dopedwizard »

Just wondering this mod change the logos for the races? I seem to be missing some ?[X(]
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

does anyone know if this mod work together with Bacon-Mod ?
RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

does anyone know if this mod work together with Bacon-Mod ?

Yes. Larry Monte is doing a play through using the two mods together. I've linked the merged files need to get them to run together on the first post of the Bacon mod thread.
BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

thanks for the reply Roger, very useful [X(]
deogo

Post by deogo »

hello & thanks for good mode
i've made some changes to research tree with one goal in mind
so the ship auto design could actually use better components over the worse ones
this changes mostly relates to the race-specific components, but also to some weapons/engines/drives

what it does
tech level of targeted components increased/decreased according to their stats while keeping research cost intact
because ship designer always prefer higher tech components over lower ones which often leads to necessity manually tracking whole lot of designs avoiding button "auto upgrade selected designs" which is a pain
now it's all perfectly better and designs can be upgraded easily

nothing else besides tech level is changed

to install you'll have just replace research.txt with updated one in root mod directory

this is for pure Distant Worlds Extended 1.03
enjoy!
Attachments
research.txt
(59.65 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

Return to “Design and Modding”