Units in Refit mode and combat

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

MrBlizzard

Units in Refit mode and combat

Post by MrBlizzard »

Units in refit mode are affected in combat by worse performance compare to "ready" ones?
Blizzard
Stelteck

RE: Units in Refit mode and combat

Post by Stelteck »

ORIGINAL: MrBlizzard

Units in refit mode are affected in combat by worse performance compare to "ready" ones?

I do not think so. It is only a way to direct renforcement to priority units.
My front lines units are often on refit. (Although refit at front line is not very efficient).
But i may be wrong.
Brakes are for cowards !!
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

My understanding is basically units in contact have lower chance of replacements so putting them in refit mode increases it slightly. Basically a frontline unit in refit gets about normal priority for replacements was my understanding awhile back.

The most effective means to rebuild units is have excess in pools and take them off the line and leave in refit for a turn or two. Its also why its good to attack and if possible not leave your attacking units in contact with enemy units---another reason why wave attacking or the soviets works well as you can breach a line and then exploit with other corps leaving the initial units that took lots of losses out of contact with german units and in refit mode. I always tried to keep as many of my assault units out of contact and in refit mode after a break through.....esp if the german player then retreats the assault units get an open refit and less chance of losing damaged elements.

The small things matter in a long game
Stelteck

Post by Stelteck »

Good advice for the assaut/retreat-refit thing. I will add it to my own battle doctrine.
Brakes are for cowards !!
morvael

Post by morvael »

No penalty in combat, but they have reduced efficiency of fort building, so their fort may be smaller that it could have been (and in turn CV).
MrBlizzard

Post by MrBlizzard »

Thanks everybody for explanation [:)]
Blizzard

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”