LCU movement being cancelled - disregard/read to learn

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Lokasenna

LCU movement being cancelled - disregard/read to learn

Post by Lokasenna »

I have a unit at Sawahloento, on Sumatra, that I have two turns in a row now ordered to move to an adjacent hex. Last turn, I thought maybe I just somehow misclicked on the movement and it didn't happen, so then re-set it. I load the next turn and...the unit is sitting in Combat with no movement progress.

There were no air raids. There were no ground combats (no enemy LCUs are present). I completely control the hex (it's my base). There are no enemy units in the hex I am trying to move into.

On this latest turn, I even loaded Tracker from a post-PBEM save by me (it was still turn 1101, but I'd closed out the orders - so you can see what I put in, as Tracker loaded it).

Turn 1102 was loaded into Tracker before I loaded it in the game. I notice now that it says they marched 11 miles although to no destination, which would track with Reserve mode and a dirt road - but in the game interface itself it said they were in Combat mode and with no destination.

Turn attachments to follow.
Lokasenna

RE: LCU movement being cancelled somehow

Post by Lokasenna »

Here is turn 1101, after I have closed the Allied orders. It would have the Reserve/destination for the unit within it.
Attachments
wpae009.zip
(4.5 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Here is the combat replay, just in case.
Attachments
wpae001.zip
(4.49 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Here is the turn afterwards, before I've entered any orders. The unit displays as in Combat mode with no destination set.
Attachments
wpae010.zip
(4.5 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Oops.... turns out that last turn a transport unit was flying some of the unit to the base still. I would imagine that would be resetting the movement mode. Please disregard, assuming that is intended [:)].
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Lokasenna,

Whilst not directly on point, based on the info provided to date, have a look at michaelm's post (#13) in this thread.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3022740&mpage=1&key=movement%2Creset&#3028609

Try his suggested solution of "combat" mode rather than your current moving mode.

Alfred
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Lokasenna,

Whilst not directly on point, based on the info provided to date, have a look at michaelm's post (#13) in this thread.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3022740&mpage=1&key=movement%2Creset&#3028609

Try his suggested solution of "combat" mode rather than your current moving mode.

Alfred

Ah, that might explain why they're being switched to combat. He put in a fix to prevent something from occurring. I do think the proximate cause was that I was still transporting devices to Sawahl. from Singapore. The unit was in Combat mode in both places.

Return to “Tech Support”