Moral

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Icier

Moral

Post by Icier »

I been giving some thought to moral in relation to the effects on the game & would like some sensible
comments on the idea of each nation having a basic moral that does NOT alter throughout the war..in
other words all, say, new soviet still come in 40 & can only increase/decrease through their actions.
eg combat.

There are numerous things a player can do to influence their/opposition units & that is where the skill lies & would probably better reflect the make up of the armies, elites mixes with regulars & raw troops.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
EwaldvonKleist

RE: Moral

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

There is already and extensive discussion about this in the WITE 2 thread. Could you pleae could specify what exactly your idea is (despite a constant morale)?
What I think about the morale/combat efficiency/experience thing is written down in the WITE 2 thread.
tm.asp?m=3933956&mpage=36&key=#
Before and after my post there are also intersting thoughts of others (though I do not agree with all of them, but it is always good to have many points of view).
So what is your vision Ice?
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

The game has a lot of moving parts. Focusing just on one of these parts is not helpful. However, morale is definitely over-emphasized in this game. I just finished a mild blizzard against a good Axis opponent. At the end he wrote me that his army mainly comprised of 58 to 62 morale units. I on the other hand had mostly Guard Cavalry Corps with 62 to 67 morale and the maximum number of Guard Rifle Divisions. GAME OVER!

Of course, it can also go the other way.

Morale has too much of an effect on both sides. If you want to look for a reason why the game almost always goes out of balance you need to look at morale. If morale would be less important it would probably make for a better and more balanced game.
Stvitus2002

Post by Stvitus2002 »

The combination of hard coded Morale drop,disbanding divisions simply because its on a historical timeline,
and forced TOE downgrades in 45'(regardless of what is in the pools) really sapped my enthusiasm for continuing
as the axis in the fall of 44'.....your strength melts away. Hope 2.0 is better.

WO 0/0
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

An interesting idea is to let the player decide a new TOE each year -

Return to “The War Room”