Problems with Blue Snap

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

shahram

Problems with Blue Snap

Post by shahram »

I would love everyone and anyone's opinion on this.

I'm a long time Matrix Games fan with 30+ games purchased over the years. There are no other easy venues to find computer versions of the Avalon Hill-type games I played grouping up and the community is amazing (srsly, you guys rock!). I want to support the site and the game developers as much as possible but ever since we've moved to Blue Snap for purchasing transactions, I've hit nothing but problem after problem in actually getting my game. Its gotten so frustrating that I just hope the game comes out on Steam. So my questions for you are:

1) Do you have the same problems? Im not a 'misery loves company' kinda guy but, if the answer is yes, what do you do to get around this issue?

2) Am i undercutting Matrix and the game developers by purchasing directly from Steam?

Thanks for listening and responding,

-s
PipFromSlitherine

RE: Problems with Blue Snap

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

What kind of problems are you having?

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
shahram

Post by shahram »

Hey Pip,

Let me just say up front that I take all the blame on this one and that I was wrong. Somehow the receipt and confirmation email for an order got sent to my work address. I normally send everything (especially everything game-related) to my personal address and im not working today so i didnt check my work email. Not sure how that happened but I'm going to send an apology to the Blue Snap support team. Cant blame anyone else for this but myself; lesson learned with a hefty portion of humble pie. I'll probably delete this post after a while too.

Thanks for the query.

-s
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I'm glad to hear it's resolved in this case - were there any other issues you had?

Just for the future Shahram, you don't need to deal with Bluesnap's support at all. If you have any issue with an order from our store, please contact our Help Desk and they can resolve it all without you having to talk to anyone other than our staff.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Bluesnap are actually closing their support system. In the past people went to their thinking they were us, and asking about game issues and it got very mixed up. Going forwards they will not have any way to contact their support so all support will be direct with us which we can manage much better and avoid any confusion or dropped balls.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
shahram

Post by shahram »

Thanks, I appreciate it. No other issues. It just seemed that i got billed and no product to show for it. And attempts to reach Blue Snap without a receipt number led me into a Kafka-esque scenario. I dont normally post but it got me embarrassingly frustrated.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

i am having a problem with Blue Snap - i was just about to buy the new scenario for CMANO but got this message

"Your connection is not secure

The owner of bluesnap.matrixgames.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Learn more…

bluesnap.matrixgames.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on Thursday, 3 November 2016 10:23 AM. The current time is Thursday, 3 November 2016 6:51 PM.

Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE"

there is not way to go forward with it so i am not sure what to do here
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

try a different browser, chrome works well
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

It can happen but this is very rare and it usually is a very short time.
I'll report to the web admins.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

thanksi will try again, i dont use chrome and dont have it set up, so am hoping to stick with firefox which is my default
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

We're looking in to it just in case its a valid issue.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

well, i tried to do it again and the same error came up - it comes up if i select to use paypal. I have just gone through steam now as that is alot easier in this instance
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

When have you tried it? As far a I know this was fixed some 8 hours ago.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

oh i tried this perhaps more than 8 hours ago so if its fixed i guess its problem solved now

Return to “General Discussion”