No Polish ZOC During Invasion

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

rkr1958

No Polish ZOC During Invasion

Post by rkr1958 »

Polish units appear not to have any ZOC during the German surprise attack on Poland on impulse 1. Check out the two German corps between Pozan and Lodz.

I'm playing with public beta version 2.2.8.

Attachments
PolandNoZOC.jpg
PolandNoZOC.jpg (900.6 KiB) Viewed 84 times
Ronnie
rkr1958

RE: No Polish ZOC During Invasion

Post by rkr1958 »

game turn.
Attachments
NoZOC.zip
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Ronnie
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

This one should be fixed in the next patch.

10. October 8, 2016 - Added a check so Polish Zones of Control extend into Germany during the first impulse of Global War and Fascist Tide, even though at that time Germany is technically ‘neutral’ (i.e., not at war with any major power
Peter
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

I also noticed there are no Finnish ZOCs against the Russians (at least in the North) if Germany doesn't allow the Russian claim on the Finnish Borderlands.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: TeaLeaf

I also noticed there are no Finnish ZOCs against the Russians (at least in the North) if Germany doesn't allow the Russian claim on the Finnish Borderlands.

I think a gamesave should help here too. It's probably the same bug, but it might be a different one and for Steve it would be nice to check this at the same time.
Peter
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

Sorry, I was lazy at that time and made no separate save.

Should be easy to reproduce: Set up a few Russian Corps in hexes 21,53 and 22,53 (east of Petsamo). Claim bessarabia and Germany deny that claim. Set up a finnish corps in Petsamo.

Russian corps from 21,53 was able to move into 22,52 and even further into 22,51 (east of Lake Inari). Ofc, no surprise ZOC option was enabled ;-)...

If Steve cannot easily look into it without a save, I (or some1 else) should pay attention to it if it happens again in another game.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: TeaLeaf

The same fix I made for Poland should also work in this case. The 'problem' is that the USSR is technically 'neutral' since it isn't at war with a major power.

But someone should test this with a version of the program that contains the fix for Poland. I'm not sure which one that was.[&:]
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

And here I was going to post a save where I encountered the loss of ZOCs in Finland ;-).
I'll post it anyway because I find it a strange one.

If you go over to the stack with Mannerheim and pick up one of the other units (either the 4-3 or the ski), you'll notice that you can move those Finns past Russian ZOCs.
The 4-3 can move to 32,52 and the ski can move to 31,52 (no it is not snowing [;)]).

The strange part of this is that the units can move past the ZOC if done so in 1 move (pick up the 4-3 for example and place it on 32,52). If you split the move in two parts, the Finns will stop in the ZOC. If you pick up the 4-3 for example, and on its way to 32,52 you move it next to the Russian stack first, they will stop in the ZOC.

As for what version of the program we should use to test the fix, I guess we should use the next version when it comes out (assuming a fix in one version carries over to all later versions)?
Attachments
ZOCS.zip
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

It's a strange bug. I'm getting the impression that there is a map error here.

If I move the Ski division eastwards of the Soviet FTR, I can pass a Soviet ZOC. If I move him directly westward, I can't pass this same Soviet ZOC.

If I move the Finnish MIL, I can't move towards the swamp west of the Siberians too.

So it looks like that MWIF thinks that there is a lake, where there isn't one visible on the map.

I'm going to report this one as a seperated bug.
Peter
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

deleted
Paul

Return to “Tech Support”