NewB Question - Air Group Remaining Fuel

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

alesha93

NewB Question - Air Group Remaining Fuel

Post by alesha93 »

I'm trying to get my feet under me on this game and I can't for the life of me figure out how to see fuel status for groups of aircraft. If an individual aircraft is launched I can see the fuel remaining bar. However, when I launch a group I can't see the fuel remaining. That makes it very difficult for me to manage groups with refueling, etc.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for the help and patience with a NewB.
mikmykWS

RE: NewB Question - Air Group Remaining Fuel

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi

Next update you'll be able to see it on the right hand status bar. For now you have to look at each individual aircraft.

Thanks!

Mike
Cik

Post by Cik »

hit V and look at the individual aircraft

for the most part, the same group will have the same fuel % so you only really need to look at one

to some extent though, you can manage without looking at fuel; since they'll refuel when they need it automatically, the only thing you need to have is a reasonable amount of aircraft assigned to the mission and some tankers out there and the whole thing will run in perpetuity without much fuss.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Well, you need to set them up to refuel automatically. SO be careful of making assumptions.
Cik

Post by Cik »

true. i forgot about that because i don't think i've ever encountered a scenario where i have tankers and it wasn't autoset.

i'd guess that's because the scenario designers have better memories than I
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

There a re a pretty good number of smaller scenarios where you don't need to worry about refueling. I would avoid the complications until you feel more comfortable with mission planning.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”