Matrix / Slitherine Games Need A Game Matchmaking Lobby For All Supported Games

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

awenloren

Matrix / Slitherine Games Need A Game Matchmaking Lobby For All Supported Games

Post by awenloren »

as per title. there are some matrix / slitherine games already released and some future games that could do with a matchmaking lobby.

i much prefer to play a multiplayer game in one sitting in real time with my opponent/s rather than pbem over weeks/months. i have tried both.

pbem is an older way of doing things, i accept that some players prefer that method which is fine, im not saying take that method of playing away at all. rather i am saying there are many players who like matchmaking lobbies. that usually have a turn countdown timer (of x minutes) that you have to move within which can be set up prior in the lobby game options.

have this lobby linked (coded) in with every new game that has such a play mode like network / internet play.

matrixgames / slitherine and/or steam could host the lobby server?

the matchmaking lobby could have all of the supported matrixgames / slitherine games available to matchmake with. the ability to see all users in the lobby no matter what game they are wanting to play, to allow users to switch between games as per number of available users. ability to chat with people in the lobby, private message, slap, etc and all other game moderation type commands. ability to launch the lobby as a standalone application and launch a matrixgames / slitherine game by clicking inside the lobby client would be great. ability to see what matrixgames / slitherine games a user has installed by inspecting a user in the lobby. ability to upload save games and to save a game and continue from there. all standard stuff.

matrixgames / slitherine is a big company they should be able to afford the resources to implement this.

this would definitely get more people playing your games.

awenloren

RE: Matrix / Slitherine Games Need A Game Matchmaking Lobby For All Supported Games

Post by awenloren »

ideally matrixgames / slitherine games in a mathmaking lobby would allow more than two player opponents in each game. for example, in hubert carters strategic command games a player could choose to play just one country, a major country like germany, japan, italy, russia, uk, usa. ideally though you could also play a minor country too. im not sure how best you could handle turns.. either all allies take a turn together and then all axis. or one country after the other, could take a long time with minor countries too. each matchmaking game could have minimum two players each playing all axis or all allied countries.. or have a lot of players playing one or more countries.

i find it is easier to play just one county than an entire side in a game. i focus more and play better and i dont miss things over a large map.

the game triplea has a decent lobby for its game modes and they play this way.

IainMcNeil

RE: Matrix / Slitherine Games Need A Game Matchmaking Lobby For All Supported Games

Post by IainMcNeil »

We did have a PBEM Helper tool that sat in the system tray that covered all games using the system a few years ago but the many changes and upgrades men it no longer works. If there is enough interest we can look at updating it. It pings every time its your turn in a game and lets you know which game.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Return to “General Discussion”