Finnish AI giving up?

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

IvanShuski

Finnish AI giving up?

Post by IvanShuski »

Playing the 1941-45 campaing as german computer vs soviet human. Patch 1.08.07. Difficulty setting 150/100. I modified the scenario with the Editor to set axis production level to 250%.

Turn 110. Date is July, 22, 1943. After a series of bloody battles through the winter of 1942-43 and the spring, the axis spine had been broken and the Red Army rapidly advanced through Ukraine until finally breaking into Romania, conquering Galati.

Situation in the finnish border, on the meantime, hadn't varied much since late 1941. The nine divisions of the 4th Guards Army had kept the finnish at bay around the Janisjarvy lake, north of the Ladoga and next to Sortavala, after holding their own against many frontal assaults. North of Leningrad, the finnish advanced to the no-attack line and were coexisting as good neighbors with my three brigades and fortified region unit deployed at the border.

Situation on the finnish front:

I hit the end turn button, knowing that the next turn the Romanian surrender would trigger. I expected to find a lot of new soviet romanian units to organize. What I didn't expected to find, was that all the Finnish Army had vanished from the frontlines.

Apparently, the finns got so scared with the Romanian Surrender, that they decided to give up, withdraw their army, and leave the road to Helsinki wide open?

Two turns later, my humble brigades had been allowed to peacefully walz their way to Vyborg while the finnish army remained at vacation deep into the finnish countryside.

The Finnish Surrender was triggered at the start of the next Axis turn.

???

(Find below attatched Save File in the turn before triggering the Romanian Surrender)
Attachments
ST110z.zip
(3 MiB) Downloaded 4 times

Return to “Tech Support”