for those who have everything, a new toy for Christmas

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

zakblood

for those who have everything, a new toy for Christmas

Post by zakblood »

Razer’s Blade Pro

Here are the specs:

Screen 17.3 inches, capacitive multi-touch, LED backlight

Panel type IGZO

Resolution 3,840 x 2,160

G-Sync support Yes

Processor Intel Core i7-6700HQ (2.6GHz/3.5GHz)

Chassis Unibody CNC aluminum

Graphics chip GeForce GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5

Memory 32GB dual-channel DDR4 @ 2,133MHz

Storage options 2x 256GB PCIe M.2 SSDS in RAID 0

2x 512GB PCIe M.2 SSDs in RAID 0

2x 1TB PCIe M.2 SSDs in RAID 0

Webcam 2MP

Battery 99Wh lithium-ion polymer, rechargeable

Wireless connectivity Killer Wireless AC, Bluetooth 4.1

Wired connectivity Killer E2400 gigabit Ethernet

Speakers Two

Audio Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater Edition

Security Trusted Platform Module 2.0 security chip

Keyboard Individually backlit keys, anti-ghosting support

Size 0.88(H) x 16.7(W) x 11(D) inches

Weight 7.80 pounds

Ports 1x Thunderbolt 3 Type-C

3x USB 3.0

1x SD card reader

1x 3.5mm microphone/headphone combo

1x HDMI 2.0

1x Kensington security slot

Operating system Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Price Starts at $3,700

PC gamers looking for desktop performance in a laptop form factor should look no further than Razer’s refreshed Blade Pro. Packed with a 17.3 inch IGZO display, the updated laptop includes the latest Intel Core i7 processor, a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 graphics chip, and a super thin form factor. Razer boasts that the powder fresh Blade Pro is the thinnest notebook on the market to date packing Nvidia’s GTX 1080 chip.

As you can see, Razer isn’t playing around with its refreshed Blade Pro laptop. But with the meaty innards comes a meaty starting price, which begins with the two 256GB M.2 SSDs. There are no other options available, so obviously the more storage customers tack on, the higher the price becomes.
To keep all those expensive components cooled, Razer has introduced a new thermal management system using what the company claims as the world’s thinnest manufactured vapor chamber cooling solution in a laptop. This chamber grabs heat generated from hotspots and quickly distributes it evenly, and is backed by a custom fan design and what Razer calls a “dynamic heat exchanger” that pulls the heat out of the system.

On the display front, the laptop has a 4K panel that Razer says can produce an impressive 100 percent of the AdobeRGB gamut. If correct, that would give the big Blade one of widest color gamuts found on any laptop.
G-Sync is supported, as well. This is technology provided by Nvidia that syncs the output of the GTX 1080 to the refresh rate of the display. When out of sync, images on screen can tear, stutter, and cause input lag. When in sync, the number of images flashed on the screen matches the number of frames the graphics chip outputs, creating a nice flow of motion.

The specs show that the laptop supports 7.1 surround sound audio through HDMI. This is likely backed by the company’s Razer Surround software that could come pre-installed along with the Razer Synapse tool for programming the keyboard, controlling the fans, and so on.
“The original 17-inch Blade was the first laptop that truly blended power and portability in a PC,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. “We’ve taken that approach another step further with the new Razer Blade Pro. The thermal engineering behind it is staggering.”

PC gamers wanting to grab this Razer-backed powerhouse can pre-order the laptop now for a starting price of $3,700. The units are expected to ship in the U.S. and Europe sometime in November.

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
wings7

RE: for those who have everything, a new toy for Christmas

Post by wings7 »

That is excellent Zak! Thanks for sharing! [:)] I also have a PC company I would recommend...laptops and desktops. Puget Systems.
https://www.pugetsystems.com/
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

hmm already have a pc, was thinking of radio control something. Like a huge wasp lol, or a drone and make it look like a giant wasp.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

New PC but great old games that are no more working on the new hardware [:(]
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

New PC but great old games that are no more working on the new hardware [:(]
I've got most games to work. Problem ones are MechWarrior II: Mercenaries, System Shock, and Warhammer: Dark Omen. Then again, it's been several years since I tried those and new DOSBox versions could have solved the problems by now...
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

Return to “General Discussion”