Turn duration ?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

crsutton

RE: Turn duration ?

Post by crsutton »

I take my time and lack even the most basic organizational skills. One to two hours per pbem turn.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

As the denizens of that state like to say : "You don't mess with Texas".

The origins of that are actually an anti-litter campaign.
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

It is not the end of the world (or your game) if you neglect some theaters or the economy for some turns, key is to pick it up eventually.

When I am not interested in the game (live gives ups and downs), I can easily send turns in 30 minutes (Japan) or 10 minutes (Allies). In those quick turns I focus on tanker convoys (Japan in particular), and in checking front line squadrons, any surface or carrier TF at sea, and "tracker alerts"

Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

It is not the end of the world (or your game) if you neglect some theaters or the economy for some turns, key is to pick it up eventually.

When I am not interested in the game (live gives ups and downs), I can easily send turns in 30 minutes (Japan) or 10 minutes (Allies). In those quick turns I focus on tanker convoys (Japan in particular), and in checking front line squadrons, any surface or carrier TF at sea, and "tracker alerts"

I agree that should be possible. Also I found out defense will no shorten the turn, as I am on defense already in the south (Guadalcanal) in April 42....(as someone correctly said above).

Btw, where do IJ players base their ships there? When Lunga etc. fall Rabaul is in perfect 4E range. Lost already good ships in harbour at Shortlands among them a CVE [:(] CAP is not reliable without a big number of planes on different altitudes anyways.
A plan to save time would be pull most ships back to a safer place (many are damaged anyway) as well build a pool of ALL tankers maybe at Manila or CR Bay so you have all TKs in one place and you do not need to look around so much for all the TKs. Also ignore small actions completly like if some chinese or brits bomb your troops, as long they do not much damage do not bother :) And endure the US raids you cannot counter them anyway...
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

As the denizens of that state like to say : "You don't mess with Texas".

The origins of that are actually an anti-litter campaign.

Aye. And "Don't Tread on Me" became much more culturally relevant than a snake awareness campaign. [:)]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”