old game bundles

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

CAHouston

old game bundles

Post by CAHouston »

I have been thinking about buyind the old version of strategic command. which of the many bundles offered would be the best buy?
Ironclad

RE: old game bundles

Post by Ironclad »

In checking out earlier versions as a preliminary to getting this new release I have been very impressed by the Brute Force scenario in Global Conflict which provides an excellent game (at least in multiplayer, haven't tried it against the AI) on a much greater scale through its clever redrawing of the world map.
James Taylor

Post by James Taylor »

I prefer the Global, Assault on Democracy. But also included Assault on Communism in my bundle.

Still playing them both as many variations of strategy unfold.
SeaMonkey
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

Thanks, your comment prompted me to have a look at it. A pleasant surprise as I hadn't realised it was a full world map of greater scale in many parts to Brute Force and the full world at that. As a later version I assume it has added improvements so another one to try if if Sc3 permits. [:)]
CAHouston

Post by CAHouston »

I tried to buy the Gold bundle, but am having problems purchasing it. I have a ticket with them and hope to get it solved.
James Taylor

Post by James Taylor »

AoD IMO is the ultimate. All the latest improvements, and the global aspects allow maximum replayability.
SeaMonkey
CAHouston

Post by CAHouston »

so its best to buy the base game and the AoD? anyone know of a discount id?
James Taylor

Post by James Taylor »

If I'm not mistaken, AoD is a stand alone game, no need for the base,
SeaMonkey
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: James Taylor

If I'm not mistaken, AoD is a stand alone game, no need for the base,
It's an add on to Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict. It has all the improvements of the Gold expansion.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
CAHouston

Post by CAHouston »

I like the way research increases in new game. I am playing the old demo and don't like the way change plays in research upgrading. will FURY be updating the old game with patches. if the do I hope they redo research to the new game model. I am trying to buy the base game and AoD, but having problems hope their help will be back in business Monday.
CAHouston

Post by CAHouston »

does research in one area affect the level another research can increase to? like infantry level seems to only go to 2, but if you increase industry tech?
James Taylor

Post by James Taylor »

Only "intelligence" research adds to the possibility of increases in other researches.

Usually, and this is dependent upon the designer's choice, scenarios have a max of 2 levels for infantry weapons.

IT increases the multiplier for MPP acquisition.
SeaMonkey
dan456

Post by dan456 »

I need help from someone at Fury Software. I have been trying to purchase the base game and AonD for 5 days. I did get help, but I am still having problems and the help desk is not responding. maybe Matrix can start selling the older games on its site.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Dan456,

Sorry to hear about the trouble and while I don't have much control over the store system, I can see what I can do to help. Send me a private message and we can take it from there.

Hubert

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”