Problem getting past German production phase

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

CanInf

Problem getting past German production phase

Post by CanInf »

Hi all,

I had an issue getting past the production phase in a game. Once I was past this point, I could play but saved files and auto save files would not reopen. So I went back and found the last file that would open (USSR production), and played from there. This time I get an error message at the end of Germany's production. This did not happen the first time round. It just played straight through.

I am attaching the German production phase, plus the error report. I am curious if the problem repeats for others, and if so whether there is a solution.

thanks

Attachments
ProductionGermany.zip
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
CanInf

RE: Problem getting past German production phase

Post by CanInf »

here is the error report
Attachments
bugreport.txt
(21.01 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Strange. If I load your gamesave, the game proceeds normally with asking you to reform a corps from two division which are now in the destroyed pool...

I could produce units normally.
Peter
CanInf

Post by CanInf »

Ohh yes, it does open fine and ask you to reform, but try producing stuff (anything) and then ending. It's the ending that kills. Can you proceed to the next phase?
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Yes, I could proceed towards the Italian production phase and further.
Peter
CanInf

Post by CanInf »

Would it be possible for you to check whether autosaves past the german production phase can be opened. If you can then to is something with my system I think.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

I could load the Italian production phase out of the Autosaves. No problems there...
Peter
CanInf

Post by CanInf »

well, what the.... Ok I will try it on a friend's computer here. It must be my stuff...
thanks!!!
CanInf

Post by CanInf »

Right, a friend took this file and got past German production and was also able to reopen the file from autosaves. I then uninstalled WiF, reinstalled, and ran maintenance. I still had the same problem where any autosave or manual save after this phase cannot be opened. Any other suggestions? a new computer?
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: CanInf

here is the error report
The error file gives the problem as:

I/O error 103.

That usually means some problem reading and writing to the disk - in this case I believe it is try to read the saved game file. The line of code that fails is after the program has read the entire file and is trying to close the GAM file.

Sorry, but I do not have any insight into why that might happen. Is disk space an issue? Has the disk given you other problems? You might try copying the GAM file and renaming the original, then use the copy. That would work if the original GAM file was using a damaged part of the disk.

These are blind guesses by me. I had to replace an old drive a couple of years back - it was 6-8 years old and generating weird errors from time to time. Once I replaced it, my life improved greatly.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
CanInf

Post by CanInf »

Fraid I am pooched. I bought a new computer. Installed everything from scratch, and the game still will not open saved files after German production. It's fine right up until then, but after that zilch. This game has been going on since a week after the game was released, so it is a let done. It will have to be restarted. Thanks for everyone's help.

Return to “Tech Support”