Sid Meier’s Civilization VI

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Kuokkanen

RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

I picked up Civ4 and 5 cheaply on Steam and I prefer 4, and stacking is the main reason.
Mods fix that.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen
ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

I picked up Civ4 and 5 cheaply on Steam and I prefer 4, and stacking is the main reason.
Mods fix that.

Mods can be unpredictable at times...
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

I would not have minded a little stacking in Civ V. I hated it originally, liked it after the 2nd expansion.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

Civ VI will be released later today on Steam...[:)]
http://store.steampowered.com/app/289070/
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: wings7

warspite1

I hope you enjoy it - perhaps give a Wingsreview in a few days?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

warspite1

I hope you enjoy it - perhaps give a Wingsreview in a few days?

I'm afraid it's not in my budget right now [:(]...hopefully in the near future! [:)]
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

For the first time ever (yesterday) I pre-ordered a game, this one, and it will arrive about Tuesday next week. I guess I need a Steam account to activate it?
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Hotschi

For the first time ever (yesterday) I pre-ordered a game, this one, and it will arrive about Tuesday next week. I guess I need a Steam account to activate it?

Yes you do need a Steam account...enjoy it! [:)]
wings7

Post by wings7 »

"The Combined Arms feature:
Expanding on the “one unit per tile” design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units."
This is a good feature...this is a new unit design right? [&:]
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Been seeing a lot of bad comments or threads about that game. Couldn't get a reply trying to find out how big can the map get and earth that is realistic setups, along with civilizations where they belong.
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Expanding on the “one unit per tile” design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units."
Is that something like special ticks in Unity of Command?
Been seeing a lot of bad comments or threads about that game.
I've read Civ4 used to get that too even before it was released.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Interesting article about Civ2.

Caveman2Cosmos mod for Civ4:BtS. Offers playtime for 100+ hours and up to 14k turns [&o]

MekWars
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

I pre-ordered from Amazon a month ago it's supposed to arrive by 8p tonight.

Good or bad had to get it like all the previous versions.

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Is that something like special ticks in Unity of Command?

I don't know, I haven't played "Unity of Command".
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

Excellent game. The UI is so smooth!
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Just saw some post on reviews, some were really pissed lol. They mention, why there isn't any earth map. So look like going have to wait til one is made, probably by fans.
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

It's always hard to judge by reviews either way and too early to tell but as usual what one person finds terrible another finds fantastic below is what PC Gamer review ended with while giving it a 93 out of 100

Civilization 6
Sight, sound, and systems harmonize to make Civilization 6 the liveliest, most engrossing, most rewarding, most challenging 4X in any corner of the earth.

I have only spent a small amount of time on the tutorial so far and I can't say one way or the other. I do see there will be a learning curve even for veteran Civ players as the many changes to cities, where, how what to build and political decisions and directions will be quite different from the past games.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Look interesting, but just too silly with cartoonish models. So far they have good reviews and some bad ones. Gonna wait and see how this thing go and maybe I will grab it while on sale. I don't mind playing on random maps, but I prefer playing the world on earth map to be more interesting setups.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

After 3100 + reviews..."Very Positive" on Steam...[:)]
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

I copy-paste from another forum:
to your question? a lot things stayed the same and a lot of things are different.

so far it seems like they took the best from civ 4 civ 5 and beyond earth and blended them nicely...art is very nice and even without icons you can tell what it is thanks to amount of detailing added that is even culture/civ specific.
mechanics are unchanged still addictive click one more time skinner box >:D. selection of basic civs is not much but just enough room to have more with future dlc
not sure about mods yet but i am sure some will be made in next few weeks if not days.
now for one or two things that irks me workers had been removed and replaced with builders that last for 3 builds/improvements, the auto explore is bit clumsy compared to previous games.

huge change is in cities which makes them rougher to defend...a good change too, but one huge change is districts. for example if you have encampment district which is military enhancement you can only build military related buildings same goes for trading/banking district etc. district are build connected to the center and do bring that much needed flavor when it comes to defending the city
research has also changed a bit but not too much from previous games tree is probably least changed.
another change was in government cultural research does affect your bonuses which you can change by using cards with specific bonuses this includes all 4 branches

as for game play ai is way better than previous ones it will retreat after doing damage wait to heal out of range and come back either straight at you or from another direction. this is also reflected in how it builds improvements and cities

looks like civ 6 will replace civ 4 as fans fav and i agree...

now to see if i can play sometimes this weekend before bed and see how long i can stave off one more turn
And there you have it. I'm not gonna get it just yet. I'll wait until all the patches and expansions are made and done and available. In other words: when game is complete & done. Also I found this big, nice mod for Civ4:BtS I wanna try out. How do I install mods on Civ4:BtS? Can anyone tell?

MekWars

Return to “General Discussion”