Night phase resolution too slow?

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

TulliusDetritus

Night phase resolution too slow?

Post by TulliusDetritus »

Hello everyone [:)]

Well, first of all, my computer is The Monster [:D] A brand new powerful PC which can handle any modern game very well.

So the night resolution phase is quite slow. Messages delay are kept to a minimum. And after this slow phase, everything is really fast (as it should be I guess).

Any ideas? Is this normal?

Thanks in advance
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
witpqs

RE: Night phase resolution too slow?

Post by witpqs »

I don't know, but there are many things going on. It's a full naval movement phase, for one thing - every TF on the board. It might pay to notice which messages are outstanding in the little window in the lower left corner.
TulliusDetritus

Well, messages are the usual ones [:)] The ones we can see in the Combat Events txt file.

I can be more precise though. It's the TFs unloading at night and night air strikes that are slow. But once daylight arrives, unloading and air strikes are not an issue: really fast.

So this might be normal after all? [:)]
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

I have raised the same issue and after much inconclusive discussion I was left with my original guess: that the darker shading of the night phase map is an overlay that goes on top of all the other things that have to be displayed so the graphics processor is slowed. None of the other tweaks like setting a single processor etc. seems to help.
I also have a MONSTER Alienware game machine with very capable graphics processor and lots of graphics memory.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
TulliusDetritus

Many thanks, BBfanboy. It's good to know this problem is sort of "normal" then. Monster Witp AE has the upper hand [:)]

Return to “Tech Support”