Can we enjoy campaign missions as a scenario / PBEM match?

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

exsonic01

Can we enjoy campaign missions as a scenario / PBEM match?

Post by exsonic01 »

I found that many missions in campaigns are quite tempting to play in PBEM++, such as the battle of Bremen or battle for the Rhine river.

But I found that the units for the faction of corresponding campaign are not available after load the file. For example, if you select the 5th mission of American Campaign (Battle of Bremen) in scenario play or PBEM++ match, US only have a bunch of helicopters. That is all. I think this is because the players are supposed to bring "core troops" from the previous mission of the campaign. Only the first missions of each campaigns are allowed to play with 'normal' unit settings in PBEM++ or scenario play. All other missions are not allowed with the "normal" setting.

If I wish to enjoy those campaign missions in PBEM++, what should I need to do? Should I need to go to scenario editor to make a new scenario?

Also, are you guyz have a plan to full-PBEM++-campaign in SS?
CapnDarwin

RE: Can we enjoy campaign missions as a scenario / PBEM match?

Post by CapnDarwin »

Not readily as you are seeing. The linking for core forces does make it difficult. You could basically right down those core forces and make new scenarios for the other campaign scenarios by adding in those missing elements.

We have at least noted the want for PBEM in a campaign. We still need to see and discuss if it is feasible with all the changes and new features. Might be easier or be impossible. Only time will tell. [;)]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
exsonic01

RE: Can we enjoy campaign missions as a scenario / PBEM match?

Post by exsonic01 »

Thanks to let me know. Glad to hear about full PBEM campaign, but if it is not easy or costly, than I'm ok to neglect it. Meanwhile, if you could provide us the scenario version of some important battle of campaigns in HtoH mode in SS, that would be great. :)

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”