Planes & Ammo

Germany At War: Operation Barbarossa 1941 is an elegant turn-based design, inspired by classics such as Panzer General, but with more of a historical focus. You command the German forces through a branching historical campaign covering the entire 1941 campaign as well as part of the 1942 campaign. Dozens of scenarios stretch from the Soviet border all the way to Archangel and towards Astrakhan, the original military goals of Operation Barbarossa. Step into a wargame where your performance will rewrite history, through an addictive combination of compelling gameplay, realistic events and challenging battles.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

terminator

Planes & Ammo

Post by terminator »

Hello,
In 1.08, this issue will be fixed : BF110 fighter version needs more ammo (more than 2 Ammo).
I think that this problem concerns all the planes: 2 Ammo is not enough. If the plane has 2 Ammo and it is attacked by an ennemy plane, he has only one ammunition after the fight (this applies to fighter and bomber). For scenario with planes without airport to get fresh supplies, it is very frustrating. It seems that the values of departure of Ammonition were decreased in 3. 3 Ammo as minimum would be better. To decrease the values of departure of 2 would maybe be better.
Another idea would be to add upgrades "Supply" for planes. There is not a great deal of choice of upgrades for planes. In "Operation Barbarossa", there was "Supply I(ammo +1), II(ammo +2) and III(ammo+3)" for fighters and "Supply I and II" for bombers.
Last remark, there are two planes which have kept, it seems, their values of departure of ammonition :

Attachments
PlanesAmmo.jpg
PlanesAmmo.jpg (185.92 KiB) Viewed 81 times
Ronald Wendt

RE: Planes & Ammo

Post by Ronald Wendt »

HI terminator,

the idea behind generally low ammo of planes is that you have to plan your air strikes more thoroughly and cannot use fighters or bombers at will. Bombing enemy lines is dangerous if you do not have enough escourts etc.

So far i enjoyed the additional need to be cautious.

Thanks for pointing at those ammo monsters, their amounts will be reduced.

Regards,

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”