Can we donate our Anniversary Coupon?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

rudisa

Can we donate our Anniversary Coupon?

Post by rudisa »

I have a couple of questions about Anniversary Coupons:

1) Can we use the coupon ona game that already has some kind of sale applied?
2) Can we trade or give away our Anniversary Coupon to another user?

Thanks!
Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 975
GTX 680
12 GB ram
Chickenboy

RE: Can we donate our Anniversary Coupon?

Post by Chickenboy »

Good questions! I am interested in the response as well...
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

Apparently there is a time limit for your coupon. I saved mine for a few months until something I wanted was offered but when I tried to use it it had expired. Would have been nice had they warned me it had a time limit...

Jim
Mobeer

Post by Mobeer »

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns
Apparently there is a time limit for your coupon. I saved mine for a few months until something I wanted was offered but when I tried to use it it had expired. Would have been nice had they warned me it had a time limit...

Jim

The email that gets sent to you now includes the expiry date, so this has been implemented at some point.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

the emails have always had an expiry date so you maybe just missed it. The system doesn't allow coupons to be combined but you could use it if an items price has been reduced. We may have to make exceptions if we do very low priced items but so far that has not been needed.

The coupons are intended for your personal use. We can't stop you passing them on, but they are intended as a reward for you. We'd appreciate it if you don't pass them on as if people exploit the system it may have to get turned off. We obviously cant just give discounts to everyone on everything :)

Thanks for your understanding!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Just give who you want to donate your log in info.I gave my coupon to my mom so she could get a discount on WitW.
budd

Post by budd »

I appreciate the coupon but don't think I understand why it matters if we pass it on. If you've been around awhile you probably have most of what you want here. If you pass on the one time use coupon you guys still get a sale and someone probably bought something they weren't going too without the discount. Where's the downside? If there's something I want I'll use the coupon if not wouldn't want it to go to waste.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: **budd**

If you've been around awhile you probably have most of what you want here.
And if you have been around here long enough you should know their weird policies[:D][:D][:D]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Hi guys

the emails have always had an expiry date so you maybe just missed it. The system doesn't allow coupons to be combined but you could use it if an items price has been reduced. We may have to make exceptions if we do very low priced items but so far that has not been needed.

The coupons are intended for your personal use. We can't stop you passing them on, but they are intended as a reward for you. We'd appreciate it if you don't pass them on as if people exploit the system it may have to get turned off. We obviously cant just give discounts to everyone on everything :)

Thanks for your understanding!

Thanks for clarifying, Iain. I'll honor Matrix's/ Slitherine's request on this matter.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

The point of the coupons is to tempt you to buy something you might not have otherwise bought. If that's not what they're doing then they failed completely! :)
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

I generally buy what I want regardless of the price. Case in point the upcoming Strategic command game, I'll buy it the first day/week it comes out. I might be able to get it cheaper if I wait a year+ for a sale, but to me I'm happy to support games I enjoy paying full price.

So with me at least your coupon would have worked as intended if it hadn't expired so fast. I held it in my inbox until something came out I wouldn't normally buy but thought sure I'll get it and take a look at a discount. But when I tried to use it a few months after getting it, it had expired.

Your target audience isn't an impulse buy crowd for the most part, especially those of us who've been around long enough to earn the coupon. We know what we like and probably already have everything we want from your store.

I'd say make it a one year active coupon or hold off issuing them until you are about to release a batch of new products. Otherwise most will not get used I'd bet since the people who are getting them already have extensive game libraries.

Jim
Zap

Post by Zap »

I saw the expire date for mine, I procrastinated I tried to order at the last day. I was about four hours late, The midnight hour had passed. So next year if they are still available I won't procrastinate.
Mobeer

Post by Mobeer »

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns
I'd say make it a one year active coupon or hold off issuing them until you are about to release a batch of new products. Otherwise most will not get used I'd bet since the people who are getting them already have extensive game libraries.

Jim

I agree with this. At present the system seems rather unfair, in that some users will get a voucher during sales periods, whereas other users (like me) get a voucher when ordinary prices prevail. I found myself wondering if I should use the voucher now, or wait for a potential future sale price. I let the 33% voucher lapse in the hope that at some point War in the East will be discounted by more than this. If the voucher lasted until a sale then I'd be more likely to buy.

Return to “General Discussion”