My question

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

miv792

My question

Post by miv792 »

Than and as to edit map islands, attoll? Editor game it is not intended for this unfortunately.

Sorry for my english
Yaab

RE: My question

Post by Yaab »

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Do you want to edit island terrain?
miv792

Post by miv792 »

I want to change max stacking.

Post updated.
Sorry for my english
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

I'm no one to spoil your fun but why would you do that? Midway is Midway, a really tiny atoll. Google Earth it [:)]
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Someone mentioned the limits had to do with the amount of fresh water available, and not the physical dimensions of the island itself.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

el cid again

Post by el cid again »

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

I'm no one to spoil your fun but why would you do that? Midway is Midway, a really tiny atoll. Google Earth it [:)]

It is virtually impossible today, but I got to go there when it was a naval air station. It really is tiny. The 'base'
is INSIDE the runway pattern - if you can call it that. There is beach, a grove of trees, buildings and runway.
Maps do convey this impression quite well - dominated by the runways! Apart from no room to "stack" troops (unless
you want to put them on the runways, shutting them down), there isn't much room for water desalinization plants
either.
miv792

Post by miv792 »

Extended map only vanila ? I play last ironman scen Andy Mac.
Sorry for my english
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

miv79,

You are getting good advice from others, so I am not going to repeat it. A more technical answer to your question (whether you use it now or for future reference) is that there are two ways that stacking is assigned in the game.

Optional stacking limits were added at some point, and are only used if a set of pwhex files (the map data files) is used that has optional stacking limits defined. Some scenarios make available one set of pwhex files without optional stacking limits, and one set of pwhex files with optional stacking limits so that players can choose which they want for a particular game.

The other method of stacking limits only works in the absence of optional stacking limits. If you are using a set of pwhex files that includes optional stacking limits, then the 'original' or 'old' style stacking limits are ignored by the game code.

When you look in the manual (the original one, not the revision currently under construction), these old style stacking limits are what is described. They are specified in the scenario files (instead of in the pwhex files). The entry for a base will include a designation of whether it is an "island", and what size island it is. I don't have anything open in front of me, but if you look in the manual you will see that it tells you what size corresponds with what stacking limit. There are only a few choices of island size.

Again, the advice you are getting from others about that particular situation is good advice, but maybe my answer will clear up some of the mystery about how it is done.
miv792

Post by miv792 »

The big thanks for answers.
Sorry for my english
miv792

Post by miv792 »

Cv trained, train and static of hq I know for which. How this does work and for which this?
Sorry for my english

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”