Stalingrad

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

wodin

Stalingrad

Post by wodin »

Was speaking to Russ Shulke the person who is doing the next version (4th edition) of the board game Streets of Stalingrad (Expect crowd funding start of next year). We got onto talking about doing a PC conversion when he mentioned the old Waw Stalingrad game. I showe dhim the user made scenario (hell of an amazing map) done for SSG's Battlefront. His reply was about Flashpoint. He thought this would be a great engine to do a Streets of Stalingrad type game. The more I thought about itt the more I liked the idea.
Obviously the drop in scale would really help that's expected in a WW2 version. I'd love to see a huge Stalingrad map to fight over using this engine. Though I'd love it if we had some kind of leader\officer\commander feature who gave units under them modifiers both good and bad and who could be killed or captured (do units surrender in FC?. This would add immersion and personality to units and even an emotional response to units and their commanders..
Mad Russian

RE: Stalingrad

Post by Mad Russian »

Stalingrad?

Where is that?

No such place that I can find on any maps....

WW2? Again, what's that?

Hmmm...maybe we should look into this WW2 thing...

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Wodin: World at War Stalingrad by Atomic is / was a great game I still run under Dosbox

Mad Russian: Definitely looking forward/waiting for a WW2 version....
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

Well, it's certainly much closer than it was when we started this project. The fact that the scale would be reduced by at least 50% means a tremendous amount of work to create what would essentially be a new engine. Some of the coding that's happening now is done with a dual system in mind. Things that could work for both, at a future time when we could have both, is happening as it can.

Not everything can be coded with dual purposes though and that leaves a mountain still to climb. The discussions have taken place as to what it would take for a WW2 version so maybe it will come to pass for you. We'd like for it to come to pass both for you guys as well as for us.

Good Hunting.

MR

kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

CMRT has a Stalingrad Mod plus scenarios. The Mod is free the base game is not. It is wego. I was afraid to post on another game but figure it's different enough. And we are all gamers at heart.

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: kevinkin

CMRT has a Stalingrad Mod plus scenarios. The Mod is free the base game is not. It is wego. I was afraid to post on another game but figure it's different enough. And we are all gamers at heart.

Kevin

+1

Good Hunting.

MR

wodin

Post by wodin »

So do I take it as "work has started" or do I take it as "we may not see a WW2 version"?

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian
ORIGINAL: Tejszd

Well, it's certainly much closer than it was when we started this project. The fact that the scale would be reduced by at least 50% means a tremendous amount of work to create what would essentially be a new engine. Some of the coding that's happening now is done with a dual system in mind. Things that could work for both, at a future time when we could have both, is happening as it can.

Not everything can be coded with dual purposes though and that leaves a mountain still to climb. The discussions have taken place as to what it would take for a WW2 version so maybe it will come to pass for you. We'd like for it to come to pass both for you guys as well as for us.

Good Hunting.

MR
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

What he means is Southern Storm gives us a nice jump off point to develop a WW2 engine that can use chunks of SS and speed up development. Same can be said for a Modern game engine. Right now it's all Southern Storm focus. [8D]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Thanks for the +1 MR

I mentioned elsewhere in the forum my belief that a properly implemented WWII platoon/company scale wego would be a "killer" app. It has not been done before. Graphics need not be cutting edge/3D. This could be balanced by having an editor and UI unlike / better then any other in ground combat. I been learning the Lua scripting language and it opens up tremendous possibilities for game play not yet seen in ground based war games.
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
wodin

Post by wodin »

To die for my friend..to die for..
ORIGINAL: kevinkin

Thanks for the +1 MR

I mentioned elsewhere in the forum my belief that a properly implemented WWII platoon/company scale wego would be a "killer" app. It has not been done before. Graphics need not be cutting edge/3D. This could be balanced by having an editor and UI unlike / better then any other in ground combat. I been learning the Lua scripting language and it opens up tremendous possibilities for game play not yet seen in ground based war games.
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Not sure if I should be liking it or not...Though my ugly mug on any chit isn't advised.

I do like the Hippy stuff though..as it goes with my musical likes. [8D]

Attachments
berlin1.jpg
berlin1.jpg (280.51 KiB) Viewed 104 times
wodin

Post by wodin »

Getting confused now rico21

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”