EF Box in games against German AI

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

bomccarthy

EF Box in games against German AI

Post by bomccarthy »

I was looking through some old threads, but didn't find a consensus - does the German AI use the EF Box (when checked), and if so, does it use it wisely? I just finished my first 43 GC as Allies and won a minor victory because the Soviets captured Berlin in the first week of April. My WA forces were still some 15 hexes away from Berlin and I hadn't captured any cities in the Ruhr yet. I am wondering if I will get a very different game if I don't check the EF Box (the WA may advance more rapidly, but the Soviets much more slowly).
Commanderski

RE: EF Box in games against German AI

Post by Commanderski »

I did read in a previous thread that the German AI will use the EF box. I don't remember if there were any comments anywhere on how wisely it managed it's forces.

With this AI you will get a different game each time you start as no 2 games are exactly alike, you may get similar results but may do better or worse. It will definitely be different without the AI using the EF box.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”