Query: aircraft upgrades (latest official patch)

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bradfordkay

Query: aircraft upgrades (latest official patch)

Post by bradfordkay »

I apologize that I hadn't kept up with the patch threads and with my dial-up connection (automatically qualifies me as "old guard") it will take far too long to read through them.

What does it mean on the aircraft upgrade list (playing PDU on) when it says "USNavy-Import" next to the aircraft type name?
fair winds,
Brad
crsutton

RE: Query: aircraft upgrades (latest official patch)

Post by crsutton »

That generally means that it is not normal for that unit to have such an airplane. (such as the F6F for the Marine units) If you want to upgrade to any model that has "export" next to it you will have to pay a PP penalty to do so. So unlike pre-patch, you can still upgrade to most any aircraft but a lot of them come with a penalty.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
bradfordkay

RE: Query: aircraft upgrades (latest official patch)

Post by bradfordkay »

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I will probably come up with more post-patch questions as I move along. Maybe I will create a catch all thread for them with my next one.

Thank you for responding so quickly.
fair winds,
Brad

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”