Setup and reinforcements

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

Jomi

Setup and reinforcements

Post by Jomi »

Hello friends :

I read the manual, I essay with the game, but I don´t know yet, how to setup the units in Turn 1 setup and I don´t know how to setup the reinforcements. Can you help me, please?

Thank you very much.
rico21

RE: Setup and reinforcements

Post by rico21 »

Begin by push "quick setup" then after when you understand more you do manually [:)]

Attachments
setup1.jpg
setup1.jpg (63.84 KiB) Viewed 34 times
marcdhanna

Post by marcdhanna »

Jomi,

it's a good question and initially annoyed me also, because there is no explanation of how this works unless you read the manual (after you find it in the manual). Pressing 'quick setup' does nothing in scenario one, everything stays in place. So that's also confusing because nothing appears to be working. With all due respect to designers, a tutorial or training scenario needs to include on-screen step-by-step instructions for each new situation. Good examples of excellence in tutorials can be found in Age of Empires 2 HD. Sometimes it's okay if it's in the manual, rather than on-screen -- but just barely :)

Basically, if you don't start with units off-map, there is no setup [edit], so just press the red button. If you do have setup, you'll see them in the right corner in the grey area. There are no reinforcements in this scenario, you can find that out by looking at the order of battle (a menu button along the top).

In later scenarios, reinforcements do arrive and it's clear where they are allowed to set up on the map. So if you don't see any units to set up, skip through the reinforcements phase.

Once you get through this start up the game plays nice and easily! Enjoy, it is a fantastic game!

Prajñāpāramitā
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Peter will take a look... [;)]
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Hmm maybe I should do a Video Tutorial on how to play scenario 1? I'll take a look at that when I'm done with the project I'm working on right now, in a not to distant future. [;)]
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
marcdhanna

Post by marcdhanna »

Tutorial: Paullus you have one in the folder from a 'GeneralChaos' (great handle!) but I didn't look at it yet.

Somewhat my fault I actually hadn't dove into the Matrix forum until I started playing TotH so I wasn't aware of all the stuff in here.

In all fairness adding the chrome of an on-screen tutorial probably chews up man-hours I can't imagine! In any event I was able to muddle through, but can commiserate with OP frustration; wanting to play the game but getting thwarted at the start... [&:]
Prajñāpāramitā

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”