Stalingrad?

The Community Project is a free wargame construction set to existing owners of DC: Barbarossa

Moderators: Vic, lancer

wodin

Stalingrad?

Post by wodin »

Could a battalion scale Stalingrad scenario fight for the city be done using this editor?
Vic

RE: Stalingrad?

Post by Vic »

I would say yes.

Though admittedly I myself have never went below regimental.

And furthermore I am open to adding additional libraries or functionality if somebody has a promising scenario going on.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I understand you are giving us the CDP tools out of the goodness of your heart. Here are one or two general questions I have:

How do you load in existing files into the editor? For example, where are all the troop type files, etc., for Barbarossa main game? All I want to do is add a few units.

Same thing with existing scenarios, although there are few at the moment. Can authors make their troop type files available to others?

Still busy with ATG Four Seasons mod anyway, but just curious!
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: rosseau

I understand you are giving us the CDP tools out of the goodness of your heart. Here are one or two general questions I have:

How do you load in existing files into the editor? For example, where are all the troop type files, etc., for Barbarossa main game? All I want to do is add a few units.

Same thing with existing scenarios, although there are few at the moment. Can authors make their troop type files available to others?

Still busy with ATG Four Seasons mod anyway, but just curious!

Its important to realise that DC:Community Project is a different game than DC:Barbarossa.

Sorry to refer you here... for modding question on DC:Barbarossa please report to the Barbarossa Modding forum.

As for your question about sharing trooptypes libraries. Yes DC:Community Project has been specifically designed to be modular. Maps, Historical Model (OOB) Libs, TroopType Libs, Officer Libs can all be re-used seperately. See for more info: http://www.vrdesigns.net/atwiki/doku.php?id=dcx

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Sure, I will leave DCB as is. But it would be great if you could even upload some of your libraries used for the sample game in DC:CP to your website. This way we can build on them and practice.

Very appreciative to Lion of Judah and others for making scenarios that can be used with simple editor. It is up to them whether to upload their libraries or not.

I know you are moving ahead with a new game, so smooth sailing, and mod community will keep working.
Vic

Post by Vic »

No worries. I'll keep supporting Community Project. I like the setup and I like adding stuff. I just would like more people to be aware of it.

All the libraries used in the example Volkov scenario are included with the vanilla download and patches of DC:CP. Check the video tutorials on the wiki page to see how to find them and use them to build your own scenarios.

http://www.vrdesigns.net/atwiki/doku.php?id=dcx

Best wishes,
Vic
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

if you are anyone would like the libraries used in making my mods, just let me know and I'll be happy to send them too you.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Same goes for me :)
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Vic

Post by Vic »

If you have a library or map you are especially proud of you can upload it seperately to the scenario bank. The scenario bank should report the different file extensions.

I am looking into allowing to extract libraries and maps from existing scenarios.

Best wishes,
Vic

Return to “Scenario Design with the Community Project”