Units auto detectable by default

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

cns180784

Units auto detectable by default

Post by cns180784 »

Just happened to notice that some or most land based structures or facilities are set as auto detectable by default but when i was experimenting with the S-400 i happened to notice its not set to auto detectable by default. I had also in the scenario editor an Sa-2f which is auto detectable by default.

Is there any particular reason why the S-400 isnt set to auto detectable by default? i'm just curious. Does it reflect that in real life the location of S-400's are rarely known if known at all to NATO or any nation? and that they're hard to locate generally?
thewood1

RE: Units auto detectable by default

Post by thewood1 »

Is it because its mobile. I sort of remember a discussion around mobile units not being auto-detectable.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Is it because its mobile. I sort of remember a discussion around mobile units not being auto-detectable.

Yes. One is mobile while the other is generally at a fixed site.

Mike
cns180784

Post by cns180784 »

Thanks guys and i see now. I added a number of different SAMs and could see the ones mounted on vehicles or ones that had wheels which could be towed by trucks were not auto detectable by default. Makes sense.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”