game book and rules of the game

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

bo

game book and rules of the game

Post by bo »

Will it be possible to receive the game and rule book prior to release of the game, thank you in advance.

Bo

This is why I have not been on the forums for many months, my question was a simple claification of, is it possible to release a manual even if not complete to give possible purchasers of this game some clue of the rules. I have always been very respectful of Hubert and his past games which I have purchased.

There is no question in my mind he has seen this post and I am curious as to why he cannot say nay or yea, I almost feel like I am back on MWIF posts god forbid.

Bo
bo

RE: game book and rules of the game

Post by bo »

Bad question HUH' [&:][;)]

Bo
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

There are no such things as bad questions Bo [:)]

Still looking for a WiF replacement I see [:(]
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

There are no such things as bad questions Bo [:)]

Still looking for a WiF replacement I see [:(]

Hi Numy how are you? I gave up on WIF, too many bad decisions. Could have been the finest computer game ever designed. But alas [:(]. Still have not received an answer to my question so I guess it is a bad question. Oh well!

Bo
CAHouston

Post by CAHouston »

will the manual be released a week ahead of Nov 17 so we can read it ahead of time and not lose time on playing?
James Taylor

Post by James Taylor »

Do we have a new rule for experience loss due to reinforcement?

I would think, a unit not in enemy contact, greater than 5 supply, and only reinforcing one strength point per turn would not lose any experience.

We could finally build up some naval unit experience, as it is next to impossible in current game conditions.
SeaMonkey
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

We don't have a new rule for experience loss due to reinforcements, but we do have new rules on gaining experience, which means that naval units now have more chance to gain experience than previously, and perhaps most importantly, artillery less.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre

We don't have a new rule for experience loss due to reinforcements, but we do have new rules on gaining experience, which means that naval units now have more chance to gain experience than previously, and perhaps most importantly, artillery less.

The original question and post is about the possible release of a "PDF" file of the game manual prior to the games release date, I would appreciate it if we could have an answer on that Bill, yea or nay, thank you.

Bo
bcg

Post by bcg »

I do not understand why you responded to James Taylor question, and completely ignored Bo's question. He is the one who starts the thread, and it is a good and valid question. It is extremely rude to ignore him, and answer someone else's question.
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: bcg

I do not understand why you responded to James Taylor question, and completely ignored Bo's question. He is the one who starts the thread, and it is a good and valid question. It is extremely rude to ignore him, and answer someone else's question.

Appreciate your concern bcg, but after 3,991 posts you get used to it, I sense no rudeness from Bill Runacre he is a good moderator, I was sorta hoping we could get a "PDF" file on the game prior to release, he just might not have that information right now.

Some players just like to get into the game without reading the rules [like me[:(]] I just felt if it wasn't a major problem for Hubert and Matrix it would be nice to read the rules ahead of the games release.

Bo
Daniele

Post by Daniele »

Hi Bo, sorry for the late reply.

We are going to post a sneak peek of the manual, hopefully already today. The game will be released with a hardcover manual (like War in the West and DC:Barbarossa), but I admit I don't know yet if we will make it available as a free PDF. I hope to give you more details on this very soon.

Again, I apologise for the late.

Regards,
Daniele
RodyMetal

Post by RodyMetal »

Sneak peak... today [:)][:D][:D]
Add me, Steam name: RAIED
Steam Profile:
RAIED
Daniele

Post by Daniele »

BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

ORIGINAL: bcg

Hi bcg

I wasn't trying to be rude, I didn't actually know the answer to the question so I couldn't answer it.

I do try to answer what I can, time permitting, but some things are within my realm of expertise/knowledge and others aren't.

Bill
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Daniele

Hi Bo, sorry for the late reply.

We are going to post a sneak peek of the manual, hopefully already today. The game will be released with a hardcover manual (like War in the West and DC:Barbarossa), but I admit I don't know yet if we will make it available as a free PDF. I hope to give you more details on this very soon.

Again, I apologise for the late.

Regards,
Daniele

No apoligies necessary from anyone. Phew, good thing I said Bill was a good moderator [;)] just kidding, thank you your reply Daniele deeply appreciated.

Bo
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Daniele

The Manual Sneak Peek is here :-)

http://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/PDF/S ... sample.pdf

Thank you Daniele the PDF looks great, some good reading tonight.

Bo
bo

Post by bo »

Errrr could we sneak some more of the manual in so we could see it, the first one was a mean teaser [:(] Just can't satisfy people can you Daniele, there all alike [;)]

Bo

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”