How The Military Trains Its Soldiers To Fall Asleep Quickly

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wings7

How The Military Trains Its Soldiers To Fall Asleep Quickly

Post by wings7 »

Many probably know this already, but for those that don't...[X(]
http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellnes ... li=BBnbfcL

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Gilmer

RE: How The Military Trains Its Soldiers To Fall Asleep Quickly

Post by Gilmer »

I don't have any trouble with that! Just put me in front of a TV on a lazyboy chair and I can go to sleep in a minute!
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
JWW

Post by JWW »

Reminds of the time during training I started hallucinating and seeing things after going without sleep two nights. Now this was just during ROTC summer training while in college, so I'm not making any claim of being anyone except someone who hallucinated after being sleep deprived. The two things I remember are these:

1. We were walking single file down a trail in the woods. I saw a white mini-ufo floating along beside me. It floated alongside me in the dark for a couple of minutes and then vanished.

2. Later that night, in position behind a log with a buddy. I look out and see a little man -- kind of like a leprechaun except he was solid white -- sitting on a stump about 20 meters away. I described him to my buddy and asked if he could see him. He said yes. Seriously.

Most interesting was that I knew these were hallucinations, but even knowing it did not keep me from seeing them.
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

It sounded like basic for the most part, but I think it was describing airborne training. I never saw anyone puke after eating though. I went for stuff like cottage cheese that did not require chewing so I could eat more.

I do remember being tired though.

Return to “General Discussion”