Is cross-loading bugged?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Yaab

Is cross-loading bugged?

Post by Yaab »

On page 118 of the manual, there is a long table of cross-loading penalties called
6.3.2.5 LOADING AND TROOP CARRYING DETAILS BY CLASS TYPE TABLE:

On page 120 we have the data for the Allied AP class.

Then, I opened scenario 100 (updated stock scenario 1) and created a single-ship amphibious TF in San Francisco and loaded AP Henderson with supplies only.

Here is what I got the next turn

I have got 1098 supplies in the troop space and 1360 supplies in the cargo space.

I was expecting to load fewer supplies in the troop space.

In the cargo space, I presume I got that 20% haircut for amphibious load, thus only 1360 supplies loaded in 1700 cargo space available. However, in the troop space, there was no 20% haircut plus there was no cross-load penalty. Per the table, each cargo point loaded into troop space on the AP class should expend three points of troop space. Thus, with 1100 troop space available (no 20% haircut), I should have loaded about 366 cargo points.

Am I missing something? Is this WAD? Is this table only being used when LCUs are loaded and word "Cargo" in this table actually means "Devices"?

Thanks.

EDIT: The manual talks about "supplies" here:

6.3.2.4.2 CARGO IN TROOP SPACE OFFSET
The Load Cost Penalty to load cargo into troop space. Allows supplies (assumed packaged or
palletized) to be carried in troop spaces

BBfanboy

RE: Is cross-loading bugged?

Post by BBfanboy »

The figure 1098 is the amount of CAPACITY used, not supplies loaded. The actual amount of supply would be 1098/3. You can check that by unloading at a base that does not consume supplies (no garrison).
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Damn, you are right! Must have been half-asleep when I opened the game yesterday.

Redid the test today and cross-loading works as designed. 1726 supplies loaded on AP Henderson.

At ease!
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

The figure 1098 is the amount of CAPACITY used, not supplies loaded. The actual amount of supply would be 1098/3. You can check that by unloading at a base that does not consume supplies (no garrison).

You can also check it by just doing a cursor over, if its by itself it'll show the actual load.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I'm so glad that we are no longer required to disregard things, but can simply rest at ease. Can I have a little parasol in my drink or is that going too far?

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”