I have a silly question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Zorch

RE: I have a silly question

Post by Zorch »

There are no silly questions...just some very smart ass people answering them.
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

The artist has obviously never done a portage! The canoe is inverted over the heads of the men carrying it and all the cargo and equipment is carried by other men or the canoe carriers have to return and bring it to where they stashed the canoe. The few times I did portages I learned a new respect for the voyageurs and explorers who had to do this heavy work without a trail to follow!

I portaged enough boats around Panama to feel like I've done the CVB Midway across the isthmus . Around the Mojinga swamp was the worst.... or is that the best. Never seen so many mosquitoes in one place. Got to the point where we just stopped swatting them. Everyone had a haze around them and a filling of extra protein. One of the first things a person had to get use to was always having something crawling on them. After a year there I ended up doing over a month in the hospital for jungle rot. I sneaked out to the Oval Bar one Saturday night for a rest from the hospital.

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Its just a A4.

I knew that.[:)][:'(]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
CyrusSpitama

Post by CyrusSpitama »

Which one of these guys were you, BBFanboy?

Camping out
"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." - Arthur C. Clarke
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: CyrusSpitama

Which one of these guys were you, BBFanboy?

Camping out
None of those - never looked good in cowboy gear - too short. If you can find video of the guy igniting the ceremonial campfire by lighting a match to expelled gas - that would be me.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
NigelKentarus

Post by NigelKentarus »

All those boy scouts singing Koom-By-Ya (phonetically speaking) is enough to keep everyone awake. And when they got tired of that they probably sang It's A Small World.
Fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the plank to Noah's ark. And brother, it's starting to rain.
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: NigelKentarus

All those boy scouts singing Koom-By-Ya (phonetically speaking) is enough to keep everyone awake. And when they got tired of that they probably sang It's A Small World.

You have obviously never been on a Boy Scout camping trip [;)] I have been on a few that would make a biker gang nervous [:D]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I was also an Explorer Scout and we'd go camping with ... GIRLS!

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: NigelKentarus

That would be Ka-boom-By-Ya.
No Disney songs thanks! "The Quartermaster Stores" was more likely.
We did have a yell called "There Ain't No Flies On Us!"
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

If CVB Midway was too big to pass through the Panama Canal, why does she arrive from reinforcements at Balboa?

Well into the AE development effort the size of the Midway and Montana classes being too big to fit through the Panama Canal had been overlooked. Not a significant game design issue in itself.

Appearing at Balboa represents the first available port after rounding Cape Horn. Arriving at any other off map hex would have allowed a player to "sail" these classes through the Canal and of course then there would be howls of protest about that.

Alfred
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

If CVB Midway was too big to pass through the Panama Canal, why does she arrive from reinforcements at Balboa?

Well into the AE development effort the size of the Midway and Montana classes being too big to fit through the Panama Canal had been overlooked. Not a significant game design issue in itself.

Appearing at Balboa represents the first available port after rounding Cape Horn. Arriving at any other off map hex would have allowed a player to "sail" these classes through the Canal and of course then there would be howls of protest about that.

Alfred

Well, I did say it was a silly question.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

Alfred

Just imagine the questions you'd have if the Tillman Maximum Battleship had actually been built. [;)]
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Shark7

Alfred

Just imagine the questions you'd have if the Tillman Maximum Battleship had actually been built. [;)]

I actually do have another somewhat silly question, but that isn't it...
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert
the loons started calling.

Yes. I have seen many threads on this board where the loons come calling.
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

A tribute to a Band of Loons

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

warspite1

Hello.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

warspite1

Hello.
Different bird altogether Warspite1. You are of the booby element.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”