New Ageod Forum

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Zorch

New Ageod Forum

Post by Zorch »

The new Ageod forum is up! http://www.ageod-forum.com/
loki100

RE: New Ageod Forum

Post by loki100 »

and its awful - not helped by a lot of broken links and a change to the embedding code meaning that some videos and AARs don't work
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

This is my fear whenever they talk about changing this forum. The new improved all singing all dancing version will actually be worse.

Note to Matrix: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Thank-you [;)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
loki100

Post by loki100 »

well they have converted the AGEOD one from a comfortable - it works/everything makes sense - to a real mess. So I agree if its not broke, then there is little need to break it
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Note to Matrix: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Words to live by [;)]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Words to live by [;)]
It is possible that the new forum is still under construction.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: loki100

and its awful - not helped by a lot of broken links and a change to the embedding code meaning that some videos and AARs don't work

I agree [:@], bring back the previous one! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

most move to new forums for the software reasons, ie if the database keeps becoming corrupt or isn't doing as asked or no longer supported etc because of age or limitations, there's not much else anyone can do other to either keep trying to patch it up or fix it and let someone spend for ever and a day on it, or move on to a newer version, while i don't know the reasons, this is what i'm guessing, like a new pair of shoes, there never right in the beginning and not always feel so comfortable either, but given time they will settle and bed in[;)]

while atm also i agree it does look a bit bland, it will improve in time...
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

The new Ageod forum is up! http://www.ageod-forum.com/
Thought the other AGEOD forum looked dark and dreary, this new one looks stupid having a lot of wasted screen, hope Matrix never goes down this path...
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

hope Matrix never goes down this path

it may not get a choice if the data base can't be used for ever and a day, as over time stuff breaks, software doesn't last forever and in the end newer one's come online and change is sometimes needed, it wouldn't be the first or last time i've seen it, not saying it will change either, as i know about the same amount as any of you about the workings / or state of the forum, eg nothing, just saying[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Tamas

Post by Tamas »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Words to live by [;)]

We did work hard to keep the AGEOD forum's troubles out of the users' view, true (it was a very old forum software), but "ain't broke" was stretching it a bit ;)

That said, we are not done tweaking the new one to make it better, of course.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

The Matrix forum is pretty broken in lots of places as reported in numerous posts scattered across this forum. However it cant be fixed as the code is outdated. It is going to be changed at some point to a modern language that lets us update and fix issues and make use of new features other forums take for granted.

The new Ageod forum is a first pass and will iterate until we get a final version we're happy with.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
RichG

Post by RichG »

When you do come to change the software for this forum, please please please don't replicate what you've done at AGEOD. The amount of dead space on the pages and the completely flat and bland interface is an absolutely appalling piece of design. Really bad.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: RichG

When you do come to change the software for this forum, please please please don't replicate what you've done at AGEOD. The amount of dead space on the pages and the completely flat and bland interface is an absolutely appalling piece of design. Really bad.
We are still tweaking the forum.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: RichG

I agree, please with the new update, keep it graphically the same now as possible!
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
altipueri

Post by altipueri »

It's awful, it's a mess. Plus there's plenty of bugs in the AGEOD games that should be fixed before messing with a forum that was OK. Next time there's some bleating about "we are just a small team" remember this as an example of how not to use scarce resources.

Return to “General Discussion”