Bombing occupied Manpower

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Yaab

Bombing occupied Manpower

Post by Yaab »

What do you think about a house-rule against the Jap AI to limit myself to bombing Manpower in the Home Islands only? Other targets (LI,HI,Ref,oil,factories, shipyards etc.) would still be a free game in all territories occupied by the Imperial Japan. The house-rule would be to role-play the game a bit and maybe slow the operational tempo against the Jap AI.
BBfanboy

RE: Bombing occupied Manpower

Post by BBfanboy »

Seems like you only want the last part of the campaign to be slowed down. I haven't played Japan enough to know, but I am guessing that they rely heavily on supplies produced in their conquered territories to feed their troops protecting the conquered areas. If you really want to slow things down I would think leaving all industry alone until after mid-1944 should do it.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

My intent was a tad different. Occupied Manpower represents local population. If you bomb i.e Manpower in occupied Shanghai and create a firestorm there, you have a chance to destroy the industry there for good. However, you have just firebombed local Chinese on a scale comparable to the firebombing of Tokyo. I just want to do away with such bombing altogether until the Home Islands are in reach.

Potential late-war targets could be Manchuria and China. DEI, Malaya, Indochina can be bypassed, but occupied China and Manchuria can produce for the Japs until late in the war and their produce can be used for the war effort.
bush

Post by bush »

I know some players feel adding self-imposed rules are not necessary, use whatever is available. But I also like to try and be realistic with some strategies, particularly when playing the AI. So I would vote DO IT.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Well, I added this rule to my Ironplayer list. That will slow me. Tokyo Bay in '28.
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

Does it really matter as a handicap? The bulk of Japan industrial capability is in HI anyway. And it is harder to come and conquer it compared to mainland China and such so bombing might be indeed desirable.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Well, players have many rules for strat bombing in China.

For me, bombing Chinese-owned HI and Manpower (terror bombing) is a fair game. Bombing Jap-occupied Manpower is a no-no, while all other occupied industries are a fair game.

Actually, if you follow history and base B-29s in China's interior, the itch to incinerate Shanghai may be too much, especially if your inner Curtis LeMay surfaces due to alcohol intake during WITP:AE binging. I must stand my guard.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”