More hotkeys & win/loss statistics

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

kosmoface

More hotkeys & win/loss statistics

Post by kosmoface »

Hi there!

I own all DC games and find it quite impressive how this series evolved over the years. So great!

I was just asking if it would be possible to implement more hotkeys (possiblyfor all functions, especially Supply and the Report/Radio Button). It is something this series is lacking for me since DC1.

And then ...we get a nice list of information about the units when we press the Report/Radio Button, but I only see a number for battles. Would be noce to know how many were victorious or lost.

Last but not least. I will buy your next game anyway, because they are pure class (and I can avoid NATO symbols, hah), but for me something like the MTO would be most interesting to see with this system.

Rommel not acting like he should, the supply war (Malta!), Italian Navy always on the brink of collapse, the British struggling and overcoming their problems. Americans that take part in the end. Such a wealth of events and so many decisions. Furthermore it is a theater which is nowadays badly neglected, but in the end it was one of the turning points in WW2.
lancer

RE: More hotkeys & win/loss statistics

Post by lancer »

Hi Kosmoface,

Thanks for the compliment.

Hotkeys come under the domain of Vic and he's mentioned before that they are difficult to add.

Expanding the information available in the Unit Report is something I would have liked to do but it's generated on the fly which gives a performance hit to older PC's (mine's fine but the game has pretty low system specs and has to accomodate the bottom end of the spectrum).

The next game is one Vic is doing himself called 'Shadow Empire' and while it's not set in the Mediterranean there are tanks involved and lots of other interesting stuff. You can get more information on the VRDesigns website.

Cheers,
Cameron
kosmoface

Post by kosmoface »

Hey Cameron,
thanks for the feedback.

Okay, no problem. Hotkeys are nice to have, but if it is too complicated, it is not worth it. I know dev-time is expensive.

Hm, what do you mean on the fly? Isn'it then just a generator which is reading and displaying data after I clicked the button? Is there no data regarding battles won and lost? I don't understand to be honest.

Ah okay Si-Fi now ...interesting, to say the least. :)
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Kosmoface,

Pretty much but there are over 50 individual points of data tracked for each unit. The game is programmed in a custom scripted language which makes hoovering up all the required info and turning it into useable text more involved, and time intensive, than normal. Vic might have a better idea but I suspect that Barbarossa is getting close to pushing the engine that it's built upon to the limits of what's feasible.

The 'Report Status' button has over two thousand lines of code behind it and it already creates a noticeable delay on older spec systems as it is.

Cheers,
Cameron

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”