50 is the New 60...

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

geofflambert

RE: 50 is the New 60...

Post by geofflambert »

I always broke out [:D][:D][:D] when driving by there.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I'm going to try and quote Dan Quayle accurately. "It's a terrible thing not to have a brain." I know, it's also a terrible thing not to have twenty-five cents. [:(]

Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I always broke out [:D][:D][:D] when driving by there.
I get why. [:D]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

You know, you didn't even have to get out of your car!

Attachments
thataway.jpg
thataway.jpg (253.04 KiB) Viewed 107 times

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

But Jim, what am I supposed to do? All the nerves!

Settle down Bones, you can do it.

*** Now how come in the 25th century they couldn't do this but we could in the 20th, and through a drive-thru to boot!

Attachments
surgeryspocksbrain.jpg
surgeryspocksbrain.jpg (250.5 KiB) Viewed 107 times

Zorch

Post by Zorch »

But Jim, what am I supposed to do? All the nerves!

Settle down Bones, you can do it.

*** Now how come in the 25th century they couldn't do this but we could in the 20th, and through a drive-thru to boot!

FYI, 'Spock's Brain' was voted the worst episode of the original series.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

I believe it Zorch!

"Dammit Jim! I'm a doctor not a zombie!"

Attachments
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif (170 Bytes) Viewed 107 times
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

You know, (why do I keep typing "you know"?) I'm not sure this isn't one of the ones I remember. What would Monty Python have done with this?

Dammit, you can see the St. Louis Arch in the background, it is one of the signs I remember! I could never come up with the quarter, though.

This explains a lot.[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Have you tried engaging the services of a feline quadruped? They are very cost effective and pleasing to humans.
ORIGINAL: wdolson
A really fast feline can deal with them. One of our pair of new kittens is named Squirrel (Belka actually, the Russian world for squirrel). She is kind of squirrelly, though the other kitten Moose is the fast one. Moose is 6 months old next Monday and she's already the size of a full grown cat. I expect she'll be around 15 pounds and she's one of the fastest cats I've ever seen.

Bill
You will of course remind us of her first birthday. I have no idea on my second hand coon cat.

I would have gotten cats from the animal shelter, but my SO has a mild cat allergy and wanted to get a hypoallergenic cat. These are Siberian Forest Cats (related to Maine Coons) and are lower allergen than average cats. They were born 12 days apart, but we got the younger one first. We picked her up directly from the breeder. The older one had initially tested extremely low on allergens, but the husband in her first home in Oakland, CA had a reaction, then she was shipped off to Anchorage, AK where she was only a week before coming back to Portland and we got her at a discount because it appeared there was a false result from the test. They want to retest her when she's 6 months old.

I've had cats most of my life, but these two are different in a way I can't quite put my finger on. It is suspected that the Siberian is descended from a different wild cat than most domestic cats. Generic testing of domestic cats have found most are closely related to a wild cat native to the Middle East. There is a small wild cat native to Siberia that is a little different from the Middle Eastern cat. I haven't seen that anyone has done any testing on Siberians to see what their wild ancestor was. The Siberians in western Russia have been crossbred with domestic cats from across Europe, and they are different than the Siberians from eastern Russia.

We have a western and an eastern. The western is smaller and stocky with medium length hair. Her coat feels like soft rabbit fur. The eastern is big, though skinny with a coat a lot like the classic Maine Coon.

My SO has always been more of a dog person. She had a standard poodle and loved her. She said the Siberians remind her of her poodle.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

<snip>

My SO has always been more of a dog person. She had a standard poodle and loved her. She said the Siberians remind her of her poodle.

Bill

I like dogs too, obviously... especially Shetland Sheepdogs, a.k.a Shelties, a.k.a miniature collies. Tho one depicted in my current avatar is the 3rd one I've had starting way back in 1990. They love kids, (plenty of grand kids here), they tend to herd them if they can, LOL They like to "yap" a lot, so they wouldn't be good for apartment owners, but if you have a large yard and can tolerate the exuberant "yapping", they're great!
Member since January 2007 (as Gray_Lensman)

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Computering since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

<snip>

Bill
ORIGINAL: Gandalf
I like dogs too, obviously... especially Shetland Sheepdogs, a.k.a Shelties, a.k.a miniature collies. Tho one depicted in my current avatar is the 3rd one I've had starting way back in 1990. They love kids, (plenty of grand kids here), they tend to herd them if they can, LOL They like to "yap" a lot, so they wouldn't be good for apartment owners, but if you have a large yard and can tolerate the exuberant "yapping", they're great!

In the past my SO has been "oh cat, ho hum", but always noticed dogs. She's really into these cats in a way I've never seen before.

Neither of us like noisy animals. She liked her standard because she would bark if she thought there was danger around, but was otherwise quiet. Siberians don't really meow. One chirps like a guinea pig and the other mews like a small kitten. They make a lot more noise from their crashing into things playing than they do with their vocal chords.

Bill
Orm

Post by Orm »

Could we see a picture of the cats?
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: Orm

Could we see a picture of the cats?

Attachments
TheHerdSm.jpg
TheHerdSm.jpg (472.93 KiB) Viewed 107 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

Cute cats. [:)]

Thank you, Bill, for sharing. [&o]
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

I believe it Zorch!

"Dammit Jim! I'm a doctor not a zombie!"

Who in the heck was voting? The episode with me in it was worse than that. The episode with Ron Howard's brother was the worst by far.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Here's Clint Howard. Their budget was busted, so the away team got lost on a stage full of hanging curtains. They finally got out of the maze to find Clint.

Attachments
clinthoward.jpg
clinthoward.jpg (10.43 KiB) Viewed 107 times

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Here he is from "Gentle Ben".

Attachments
gb.jpg
gb.jpg (186.07 KiB) Viewed 107 times

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I think the bear was actually a female. Black bears are not safe pets to have. By the way Lassie was usually a laddie. [;)]

Zorch

Post by Zorch »

Here's Clint Howard. Their budget was busted, so the away team got lost on a stage full of hanging curtains. They finally got out of the maze to find Clint.

The whole 3rd season was pretty bad, or so the hard-core trekkers say.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: Gandalf

<snip>

Bill

Yeah, mine never 'yapped', unless there was someone around who didn't belong. He did like to 'herd' things if he could.[:)]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”