PBEM

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

milesjb

PBEM

Post by milesjb »

Can anyone explain how to play by email with a friend and not using the Slitherine server ? Thanks
lancer

RE: PBEM

Post by lancer »

Hi milesjb,

Start a game making sure you select the password option and it's a Human vs. Human game.

Play your turn. It'll ask for your password. Once you've finished your turn you'll get a 'Soviet Union it's your turn' screen with the option to 'Save & Quit'.

Do this and then email the save file (found in the /SavedGame directory - name it something like 'miles_German_turn1') to your opponent who then loads it through the 'Load Saved Game' option. He does the same, once finished and you end up emailing a new save game file back and forwards each time (hence the reason to name the files in a logical manner so you don't end up getting confused and loading a turn from a few days back by mistake).

You can do a dry run yourself to test it out by playing both sides. It works well and it's how a lot of the beta testing was done.

Cheers,
Cameron
majandro

Post by majandro »

Why no pbem++ for these serie of games?

I think it is a very valuable difference over other games publishers.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi Majandro,

The game also has the Slitherine PBEM++ system.

Its your choice to use it or do PBEM manually.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
majandro

Post by majandro »

Thanks for the clarification.

I own the two first games, but only played the DC:TBFWTP. I thought pbem++ was not implant.

I will buy to complete the collection.

Regards
Vic

Post by Vic »

True.
DC1 only has regular PBEM, DC2 and DC3 also have PBEM++

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”