FIFTY SHADES OF WiTE: SILLYFLOWER V BRIANG

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

ajds

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by ajds »

Please bump the picture of that clown off of this thread - it makes me not want to view this AAR which would be a shame as it is an excellent (and informative) AAR.
Cripes A Mighty

Post by Cripes A Mighty »

Bumpity bump!
Cripes A Mighty

Post by Cripes A Mighty »

Bumpity bumpity bump!
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

no idea what bumping means but it's not my post. Anyway, all these posts will help to speed us onto the next page
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
ericv

Post by ericv »

Suppose you have some topic on a forum that, for some reason, users want to have on the first page of that particular forum, because the first post of that topic is of major importance. Of course that topic can be made 'sticky', like some topics on this forum.

But if that post is not 'sticky', than after some time it will disappear on the 2nd page of forum topics and after that it will disappear into oblivion. What users of a forum can do to prevent that topic from disappearing is posting irrelevant reactions to the first post of that topic, the only reason being to keep that topic on the first page of the forum.

That is called bumping, because for some reason, the users started using the word 'bump' instead of some other irrelevant reply, because their reply wasn;t important at all, just the first (few) post(s) on that topic.

I don't know if that made any sense.

anyway. In your particular case, 'bumping' is used not to ensure that the topic remains on the first page, but to get a new page as soon as possible. Again, what is in the reply of the 'bumps' on your topic isn't the essence, just the fact, that they exist. Some kind of analogy there.

-Bump-
ericv

Post by ericv »

Apparently Wikipedia is full of irrelevant information :

bumping

from that post :

Bumping

A thread is contained in a forum, and may have an associated date that is taken as the date of the last post (options to order threads by other criteria are generally available). When a member posts in a thread it will jump to the top since it is the latest updated thread. Similarly, other threads will jump in front of it when they receive posts. When a member posts in a thread for no reason but to have it go to the top, it is referred to as a bump or bumping. It has been suggested that "bump" is an acronym of "bring up my post";[15] however, this is almost certainly a backronym and the usage is entirely consistent with the verb "bump" which means "to knock to a new position".[16]

On some messageboards, users can choose to sage (correctly pronounced /sa-ɣe/ though often confused as IPA: [seɪdʒ]) a post if they wish to make a post, but not "bump" it. The word "sage" derives from the 2channel terminology 下げる sageru, meaning "to lower".

''''

bump
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Perhaps a picture of my son's Somali kittens will help us bump along

Not quite sure how a small picture in an email (approx. 10 cm x 6 cm) is now larger than life size. I fear attacks from the anti-scrolling militant wing [:(]
Attachments
kittens.jpg
kittens.jpg (4.28 MiB) Viewed 111 times
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Someone else must have some cute kitten or puppy pics to speed up getting onto the next page..................
web exchange

Michael T

Post by Michael T »

I could put my wife's chooks up....
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

I'm not familiar with Australian slang, but if that doesn't involve breaking forum rules be my guest..............
web exchange

Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Have you ever seen finer specimens?

Attachments
chooksa.jpg
chooksa.jpg (679.19 KiB) Viewed 111 times
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

Them ain't no cats or chooks, them are critters, good critters for supper.
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
Farfarer61

Post by Farfarer61 »

Well yes, once a year for my annual medical :)
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Great pic Michael. Just as well that Col. Sanders doesn't seem to be a forum user.

Reluctantly returning to the game, no turn back yet from Brian (he probably didn't enjoy opening the turn much and he has a lot to do) so I just post the T63 losses screen for now.

His end of turn OOB was down 70K from T62 and the prisoners are busy signing up to join the HIWIs.
Attachments
BT63loss.jpg
BT63loss.jpg (496.67 KiB) Viewed 111 times
web exchange

chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

I think if you can keep up losses as pressure you should have this game....losing all the south plus Moscow and most likely soon to be more cities in the south--I doubt his manpower can recover at this point esp his multiplier only goes down.
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

T63

The southern half of S'grad falls to Model who switched corps for the occasion.VP no. 249 The panzers grind forward trapping 6 strong-looking inf XX whilst to the east, III Pz korps interdicts the rail line down to Astrakhan which should cause his lunge south from there to go back where it came from.

To the west, STAVKA launches Wacht am Donets (or whatever that is in russian) with an armoured lunge south.Not quite sure why, as it is not powerful enough to draw any troops away from S'grad, but Brian always tries to do something aggressive. The spearhead is cut off largely thanks to the panzer div that had railed down from the north the previous turn. They are joined by 502nd pz battalion . This will be an excellent test of the new Tiger tank. No chance of the pocket holding but the rest of the corps will be jumping off their trains and getting stuck in next week.

Attachments
BT63sgrad.jpg
BT63sgrad.jpg (857.75 KiB) Viewed 111 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Back from 3 days in London so here's the rest of the turn

Brian't bold thrust from Astrakhan is beaten back by my glorious allies, backed up by 14th PzK which I was gong to send back towards S'grad anyway. Not enough room for them down here now. The cut-off Rumanians have been freed, and Brian will have to content himself with the Italian Celere division (just off the map to the north). Interdicting the rail line near S'grad will put them in a poor supply situation so I suspect they will go back from whence they came.

Meanwhile at Baku I focus on pocketing as many of the defenders between me and Baku, whilst starting to chomp on his isolated units.Much easier to kill them in the open than in Baku itself........
Attachments
BT63baku.jpg
BT63baku.jpg (753.91 KiB) Viewed 111 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Thoughts on T63

Air losses were 81 to 90. Destroyed units 2 inf xxx, 5 inf xx, 2 cav xx, 1 mtn xx, 2 inf x and 6 regts.

G OOB steady at 3.91M but Soviets shrink to 5.47M and I hope to keep shrinking it in the next few turns.

I need to take Baku ASAP to shift the rest of 1 PzA + at least 1 inf corps north while leaving enough to clear the rest of the Caucasus. Unless Brian surrenders, which doesn't seem likely, this game is not going to end before the winter despite my best efforts to put Brian out of his misery.The only visible units defending Baku are 1 rifle xxx, 2 tank xxx (1 routed ) 1 mtn xx and 1 gd inf xx, but next turn looks like it's going to be just mopping up down here as the fuel situation will be poor. Near S'grad, the 2 inf stacks look very strong and I can't get very far between the Don and the Volga while they are still there. The pocket needs to hold.

The battle of the bulge will hurt him more than me as his losses in men and guns are not coming back for a long time, but I suppose he just can't sit there without trying to get the initiative somewhere. He was unlucky (I prefer the word out-thought) by the panzer div which enabled me to isolate his spearhead and with more arriving this turn.
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Brian is still fighting on stubbornly, though taking a week per turn.

T64 Baku area

Mopping up, opening up the MSR and making sure the panzers are fully fuelled for next turn. Railhead just S of Mtown.

Error on map -lower hex defending Baku has a tank xxx, not xx.
Attachments
BT64baku.jpg
BT64baku.jpg (782.95 KiB) Viewed 112 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

a bit further north

Attachments
BT64sgrad.jpg
BT64sgrad.jpg (875.87 KiB) Viewed 111 times
web exchange

Return to “After Action Reports”